Setting up lights Maxspect jump ML165

Beanie439

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys finding this part of setting up my lights

So I got the maxspect jump for my nano tank

I'm finding so many different opinions about lighting hours colour percentage and colour temperature

So currently running

12am - 5pm
my blue slowly ramp up to 80% then from around 2pm my UV and violet climb all the way up to 40%

5- 9pm
My cool white and royal blue come up to 40% with blue at 80% and uv and violet at 40%

9-10pm they all slowly start ramping down

Been told to turn red, green and warm white off due to them feeding algae

Just wanting to know if this is about right looking to keep corals, seems I'm just about to go into my diaton cycle too as starting to get little brown spots

Can anyone just confirm I'm doing this right or if I need to change anything I'm happy to listen and will try any suggestions just wanna do it right first time around

Also attached photo of graphs
Cheers

Screenshot_20201228-125416_Syna-G Cloud.jpg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets see if someone can answer this for you

Ravsta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feel your pain. I’ve bumped a few threads as I’ve also installed 2 of these lights today. I’m still trying to get the hang of the app.
I watched a BRS video on the AI prime and Maxspect Razor and they advised to eliminate or minimise red, green and yellow. How are you getting on with it? Any adjustments? Care to share your settings? Any pictures of the tank?

OP
OP
B

Beanie439

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi yes i dropped the white down due to having a diatoms bloom, I run no red, green or yellow! All corals i have seems to be doing very well and love the lights i only run 80 violet+uv, blue 80% and royal blue and cool white as 35% currently for a max of 4 hours rest of the time they're ramping up all day and down later on in evening

20210109_173129.jpg 20210113_203417.jpg

NHgoalstop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently bought these lights and can't for the life of me figure out how to set my own preferences. I went with one of the stock settings and need to turn thr green yellow and red off. Algae growth is out-of control since adding this light.
Any tips on how to actually change these settings?
Thank you

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the app open and light connected, you should see the word manual, and the word auto above the graph. Click manual, and it will give you the sliders for each color.

MJ.jpg

NHgoalstop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the app open and light connected, you should see the word manual, and the word auto above the graph. Click manual, and it will give you the sliders for each color.

MJ.jpg
When I hit manual, I get the sliders for the colors but I don't get any time slots to program. Do I select a time slot and then hut manual? And thank you for responding.

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do this instead. Under the graph, there are < and >. Click them to move from time point to time point on the graph. When you do so, the color boxes at the bottom with the percentages will become active. Now you can click on any of the boxes and adjust colors for that time point.

And when done and back at the graph, click the check in the circle, to send your settings to the light.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 70 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back