Setting up my 120...

jden092901

Joshua
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone...Im new to this site, I was told its really good so here I am. I have a 120 gallon that were putting into a wall. We are finishing our basement and it should be up and ready in the next month or two. Im trying to work on a nice stock of fish that I would like to keep. It will be a mixed reef tank, most SPS and my acans, micros, favia's, zoos, things like that which I will transfer from my current 29 gallon. I really would like to have a tang, or a few. My wife "must" have a blue hippo and I want a red sea sailfin (Desjardin's) Sailfin tang. I really like the Achilles tang, but have been told to stay away from them. Are they any other tangs that are pretty? I like the Cheveron tang, but I hear it doesnt stay pretty, as it ages it gets "uglyer".

Ok, next...I have a question about "schooling" fish. I don't really want chromis, due to them killing eachother off. I think a school of bangi cardinals would be cool, if you can do that. I need some ideas for some viberant schooling fish. And one more question...have any of you keep an engineer goby? They look so cool and I read you can have a few in one tank. They look a lot like an eel. Sorry for the huge post with multiple questions.

Thank you so much,

Joshua

Reefness

reefs....aaaaahhh
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't blame you for not wanting to put chromis in your reef. Banguis are a kind of Cardinalfish, but there is a huge variety of other Cardinalfish that are great schoolers. There's a fishstore near to me that always carries a good variety of the more obscure Cardinals...maybe you can find some out there in Idaho. They are all great schoolers.

kateater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that Anthias will school if you can afford them.(a school that is) I have a Desjardin tang and its a great addition to any reef tank. Also have a yellow tang a Monster naso tang and a scopas tang. Look into atlantic blue tang you dont see to many of these guys around.

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back