Several DOS issues, one pump even runs if I touch it with my finger

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased 2 DOS recently to begin dosing ATI essentials. I’ve had nothing but trouble with them since I installed them. Both are connected to a 2016 Apex using 1-Link cables

Left DOS:
- pump #2 stopped working after a couple days. I only run it a couple times a day so I didn’t think anything of it since Fusion was still logging the doses. The only way I realized it was when I saw that container was still full and the other 2 essentials containers were down 10%. Sure enough, I pressed the prime button and head 2 wouldn’t spin. Head 1 was fully functional. I had to unplug both ends of the 1-link cable and plug them back in which got it working again. It worked for a few days, then did the same thing...appears to be a recurring problem

Right DOS
- Pump #1 started grinding tonight, and then got stuck in the ON position and dumped 100mL of essentials into the tank according to fusion. It also decided to start dosing tiny amounts every few mins even though the programming is set to dose 6 times per day only. When I heard it grinding I went to go see what was going on, and immediately turned the slider to “off”. I then touched the pump head to see if anything was loose and it started running. Now it runs anytime I touch the head, even when turned off in fusion! I have now had to unplug that DOS completely and will rely on manual dosing.

I took a video of what I am talking about on pump 3:

Where do i go from here? I’ve got 1 month old $700 dozers that I can’t trust, are extremely loud, and won’t work.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I purchased 2 DOS recently to begin dosing ATI essentials. I’ve had nothing but trouble with them since I installed them. Both are connected to a 2016 Apex using 1-Link cables

Left DOS:
- pump #2 stopped working after a couple days. I only run it a couple times a day so I didn’t think anything of it since Fusion was still logging the doses. The only way I realized it was when I saw that container was still full and the other 2 essentials containers were down 10%. Sure enough, I pressed the prime button and head 2 wouldn’t spin. Head 1 was fully functional. I had to unplug both ends of the 1-link cable and plug them back in which got it working again. It worked for a few days, then did the same thing...appears to be a recurring problem

Right DOS
- Pump #1 started grinding tonight, and then got stuck in the ON position and dumped 100mL of essentials into the tank according to fusion. It also decided to start dosing tiny amounts every few mins even though the programming is set to dose 6 times per day only. When I heard it grinding I went to go see what was going on, and immediately turned the slider to “off”. I then touched the pump head to see if anything was loose and it started running. Now it runs anytime I touch the head, even when turned off in fusion! I have now had to unplug that DOS completely and will rely on manual dosing.

I took a video of what I am talking about on pump 3:

Where do i go from here? I’ve got 1 month old $700 dozers that I can’t trust, are extremely loud, and won’t work.

Hey so shoot them a ticket, you can find their customer service email on their website. Never seen something like this before, most likely have gotten your hands on some faulty units. Im ongoing almost 4 years now with both of mine, i had them since they came out without a single issue. Actually heavily rely on them, especially compared to all the other dosers i gave a try. If removing the cable to your one link had an effect on performance, maybe try using it standalone with the aquabus cable to rule out any 1 link problems. I would take the pump offline for now untill they give you a hoot. Very very odd to why they would work when touching them, unless your a superhero in disguise :)

chefmur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had issue with display unit, their customer service was great. Response within 30 minutes of opening ticket. They could not resolve after looking in to my system and sent it back , they fixed under warranty quickly for free. It took some time for me to respond to their emails and they stayed on it until it was fixed. I am very pleased with their customer service

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I opened a ticket late last night, and they have already setup an RMA and will be cross-shipping me 2 new units.
Nice! I've went through a few pieces of equipment in the past. When you run into issues right away, it gives you sorta that bad taste in your mouth. But this has to be the best aquarium manufactered dosing pump on the market. You'll be extremely pleased once you get your hands into how it all works.

OP
OP
Caravanshaka

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I've went through a few pieces of equipment in the past. When you run into issues right away, it gives you sorta that bad taste in your mouth. But this has to be the best aquarium manufactered dosing pump on the market. You'll be extremely pleased once you get your hands into how it all works.

I’ve had one in the past. Usually solid, but I don’t remember them being as loud as these were. I could hear it throughout my whole 4,000sqft house even at the 25ml/min speed.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back