DOS tubing not fitting.

HandsyLobster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

So I have 2 DOS pumps and got RO tubing for it 1/4" and this tubing keeps sliding out of the end cap. Ive seen these parts on a few other DOS pumps and seems like people are using those to keep there RO tubing connected and its also at a 90 DEG angle.

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks!

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try warming some water, soaking the RO tubing for a bit, then attach it. You mentioned end caps so I am guessing the John Guest adapters? I have two DOS units and have them on both. Not the 90 elbow but standard fittings. The work great and are a good quality of life improvement.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have to see if I can find the thread on the Neptune forums as I don't have it handy, sorry. A search like "Neptune dos john guest fittings" may find it though. I went with the John Guest fittings 1/4" tube x 1/8" female nptf. I bought the bulk package because I have two DOS units and wanted spares.

Basically you are removing the current fittings, trimming off the cone/nipples with a razor (be careful and go slow), then screw on the new John Guest fittings and you are done. Some people used a bit of teflon tape.

Note: if you do not remove the cone/nipple the tube will not seat all the way into the John Guest fitting.
https://forum.neptunesystems.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=172701&noquote=1
I removed one of my DOS units and the fitting so you could get an example/idea. Not sure if that helps.
1712847234339.png

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are a nice quality of life improvement for the hobbyist I must say. Have a great day!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back