Sexy Corals Orange Passion Progress thread

footballdude2k3

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Giving any coral the correct conditions it will show its true colors.People are just trying to shoot you down schnitzelreef.... Don't worry about the haters

Not trying to hate at all, I said nothing about his pictures, I was just talking about the ones that I have seen at online stores looking photoshopped, I have LEDs, I know how hard it is to get an accurate picture, that's why I asked for people that own it, if it looks like I am seeing online.

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not trying to hate at all, I said nothing about his pictures, I was just talking about the ones that I have seen at online stores looking photoshopped, I have LEDs, I know how hard it is to get an accurate picture, that's why I asked for people that own it, if it looks like I am seeing online.

I don't think he was talking about u. He was talking about the guy that quoted my previous post. Most pictures I have seen of the orange passion are heavily photoshopped. I could make my OP look exactly like those pics with PS. I don't think anyone's OP looks like that in person though.

However, it's still an awesome piece, and the orange contrast against the blue is pretty unique. My OP is in my frag tank and the nutrients are really low, so it's pretty pale. When I had it in my display tank, the colors were more vibrant.

Last edited:

footballdude2k3

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think he was talking about u. He was talking about the guy that quoted my previous post. Most pictures I have seen of the orange passion are heavily photoshopped. I could make my OP look exactly like those pics with PS. I don't think anyone's OP looks like that in person though.

However, it's still an awesome piece, and the orange contrast against the blue is pretty unique. My OP is in my frag tank and the nutrients are really low, so it's pretty pale. When I had it in my display tank, the colors were more vibrant.

Thanks for clearing all of that up for me, I want to grab a piece of this at some point, but I can't justify $185 on an inch of coral, yours does look nice, very good work on how big it is.

1mbrews8

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine
uploadfromtaptalk1405212820410.jpg

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
updated pic 8-18-2014

recently switched from leds to metal halides and it is adjusting to the change and the polyps lost some color. but it is encrusting very well

IMG_0011 3.jpg

colorfan45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My OP is in my frag tank and the nutrients are really low, so it's pretty pale. SchnitzelReef, appearently everyones nutrients are way to low because still dont see a piece that looks like pic on site.

A.G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice job keithcorals that second pic shows orange polyps. What do u think cause more orange to pop ?

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the SC version the same as the RR version? This appears to be a blue coral with orangeish polyps. The RR is green with orange polyps.

Here was my original frag direct from RR Canada during their first launch here on R2R, unfortunately I lost this coral:

DSC_1284.JPG

AJ_Tsin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the SC version the same as the RR version? This appears to be a blue coral with orangeish polyps. The RR is green with orange polyps.

As far as I have been told by RR Canada, Sexy corals got it from Canada, so should be same coral. I think it just reacts and colors differently in certain reefs.

shlap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my little nub under hydra 52s, getting 400-500 PAR. I've had it for a month and just this week it seems to be taking off, encrusting and growing up.
14706341018_a306ab70a0_b.jpg

Orly20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to startup this thread again and see how everyones progress is now?

Here's mine, I just got it two weeks ago. Its very healthy and I get good PE but no colors at all, it looks grey. I hope it colors up soon.
SC OP.jpg

Any suggestions on par and placing will be greatly appreciated!

blufin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine. It has been in the tank for 1 week. To the naked eye, it looks mostly gray, but the iPhone photo shows a hint of color. Not sure why the photo turns. Sometimes I really hate Apple products.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 475

Orly20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine. It has been in the tank for 1 week. To the naked eye, it looks mostly gray, but the iPhone photo shows a hint of color. Not sure why the photo turns. Sometimes I really hate Apple products.

I see that your frag looks just like mine. The guy from Sexy Coral told me to put it under high light, high random flow and that it takes, "lonnnnggggggg to color up."

I am confident thatine will bounce back with system stability and PATIENCE!!:(

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 127 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.1%
Back