• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Sexy Corals SC Signiture Grow Out

OP
OP
J

jdreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beerman , Is it cool that we talk soon maybe give me a call and we can set up shipping. Is the rest of the group ok with you taking over the grow-out? Just for you guys who are still in it I thought I'd take myself out, pay for and send the four chalices that survived from the 7 total SD sent me. I will take myself out of the grow out and do not want anything in return. I will also send a couple frags to add to your grow-out that you'll like. Prob. not chalices but you'll like them. You guys I feel really bad that this turned out the way it did with SD the main grower and paint guy taking his cut and running. Either way if I fragged them ( the ones I have) and they died I would feel worse and I have yet fragged any of mine so I still have some learning to do before I would feel comfortable. I beleive beerman has been in the hobby for a long time and beleive he is the best one for the job to still have a point of sale. grow-out. Plz let me know b4 it gets to cold. Thanks John

1mbrews8

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is beerman taking over? Is there a point or should we cut our losses?

Is it just him and me left or is there one more guy? I would be fine with you shipping 1/2 to me and 1/2 to him? And I'm sure we would be ok with paying some for the extra shipping (2 pkgs instead of the one) to be done with this..

Beerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm down for whatever you guys want. There is JDreef, me, mbrews, and yourracer. I think it's tough splitting out now because basically the spaceinvader is the one of value and we probably all want that. But we can do that, maybe JDreef has some stuff he can sell to make it monetarily worthwhile to ship to 3 different people. Just a thought. Or I can grow if you want or you can grow if you want. Either way. JDreef seems pretty busy and he wants out so we need to move to one of these other alternatives.

1mbrews8

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, I already am growing out for 2 other growouts, so I would not want the responsibility of a 3rd..

I think it might take another month or so to get a list of what jd has available, then another month to heal, etc.. :eek:) so I'd either go with the ship to u and finish or if he has anything already cut of value to the space invader, etc then maybe he includes that for the freebies for trouble and we pay some of shipping..

OP
OP
J

jdreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tanks have been giving me problems and am having a hard time keeping them stable with being gone and everything as much as I am.. Although I've decided to invest in some larger calcuim reactors like two of the GEO CR818 with a pan world pump but they are like $650.00 new so I'm trying to find some used or comportable to the CR818 but better pricing. Long story short I must get my systems stable before I cut and or sell anything but you guys will be the first to know. In the begining of the year I say I set up shipping to one of you guys and in the mean while I'll short things out.

OP
OP
J

jdreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If possible I'd like to ship out the ones I have to one person because I am uncomfortable in fragging them at this point. It would really suck if I had any of them die on me, us. I do not want anything in return or out of this grow-out for the simple fact it turned out so bad. I'm glad I was able to salvage what I did from the ones I received from SD Actuary. It sucked that SD's tank crashed and it was handled the way it was and that’s why I want to make it as right as possible. What we have in the grow-out is a great looking Space Invaders. Although only one super large eye and one med., there are it looks like four smaller eyes. I wouldn’t suggest fragging it right away. I have to take off right now. I'll take some pic's later 2day and post them 2marro or 2nite. . The space Invader is the best looking one by far. There’s the mummy eye which is still 2 eyes and small. The other one on that tile I can't identify and it has receded its also small. There was a single frag also that died because it flipped over and to be honest that was because of my negligence. I was pulling out my dead ones and moved it onto a rock and forgot to go back and glue it down and over that night or next day had fallen onto to my last colony of Oregon mummy eye killing eventually both chalices. In the past year I lost a ton of chalices. So I can relate with someone’s crashing tank. I'm in 3 grow-outs and not a one worked out. Beerman you know our Acan Grow-out ended when luvmyacans tank crashed. (I have not heard any news on that one if luvmyacans is going to replace any of them.) I just found out that my other grow-out growers tank crashed and this one.
Well I've learned it's harder then I thought to grow out a one eye frags. I think for now I'm only going to buy 3 eye frags. I think their are only 4 of us left minus me 3. So out of you 3 who would be willing to receive the corals. At least the 3 and I would toss in a couple nice frags totaling $200.00 or so. Like Jason Fox God of war, Jackolatern and more. I do have acro's if some one may want that. I know I do not have to give you guys anything I just feel bad that the grow-out turned out like this. I had high hopes. As for chalices in my tank I lost a ton. Prob. twenty grand sucks still have some but they all need time. Well if you guys agree lets set up in a few weeks and I'll frag a couple or so corals just hit me up and I'll cut a nice frag but you guys will have to grow-out them a bit to get three nice size frags. If you don't want to do that I guess if you wanted to set up three shipping dates we can go from there. I hope this helps a bit. As I know most everyone wants to close this out. trying to close this out right.

1mbrews8

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll take them if no one else wants it, but would prefer NOT to. I am in a few growouts too so would like to spread the responsibility out... I personally would love some JF Jackolantern Lepto and whatever else cool/rare you can cut as a bonus..

mike

Beerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm fine with Brews doing it. I would be willing also to grow if nobody else will do it. If I remember correctly, and I may be wrong, he was in the Bay Area? If that is right then we could also meet up and split. If I'm doing the grow out I promise to update at least once a month and take care of them to the best of my ability. I've been doing saltwater for around 30 years. I will however not reimburse if something goes wrong so please keep that in mind.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 52.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.5%
Back