Sexy shrimp birth captured on camera

Levinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It happened a couple of days ago. I could tell the female was about to give birth just by looking.
So I got ready by turning off the return pump and the room light, preparing a lamp and my phone. I knew from experience that the female would try to give birth as close to the light as possible. I observed the shrimp for about 5~10 min and started filming. It gave birth about 1min 20sec later (so I didn't bother to edit and cut the video short).
Please excuse the terrible camera work and video. Also, I turn the camera off way too soon. I guess I was trying to capture the fry asap which I didn't really need to.
The first two jumps were probably a failed attempt or a practice, seen something similar before.
I've tried raising the fry before a number of times but haven't had any luck so far. Will keep on trying till I succeed.

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It happened a couple of days ago. I could tell the female was about to give birth just by looking.
So I got ready by turning off the return pump and the room light, preparing a lamp and my phone. I knew from experience that the female would try to give birth as close to the light as possible. I observed the shrimp for about 5~10 min and started filming. It gave birth about 1min 20sec later (so I didn't bother to edit and cut the video short).
Please excuse the terrible camera work and video. Also, I turn the camera off way too soon. I guess I was trying to capture the fry asap which I didn't really need to.
The first two jumps were probably a failed attempt or a practice, seen something similar before.
I've tried raising the fry before a number of times but haven't had any luck so far. Will keep on trying till I succeed.

Like a good thriller! Very cool video and lucky you to see it happen!

Back