Sexy shrimp birth captured on camera

  • Thread starter Thread starter Levinson
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Levinson

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 5, 2020
Messages
696
Reaction score
456
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It happened a couple of days ago. I could tell the female was about to give birth just by looking.
So I got ready by turning off the return pump and the room light, preparing a lamp and my phone. I knew from experience that the female would try to give birth as close to the light as possible. I observed the shrimp for about 5~10 min and started filming. It gave birth about 1min 20sec later (so I didn't bother to edit and cut the video short).
Please excuse the terrible camera work and video. Also, I turn the camera off way too soon. I guess I was trying to capture the fry asap which I didn't really need to.
The first two jumps were probably a failed attempt or a practice, seen something similar before.
I've tried raising the fry before a number of times but haven't had any luck so far. Will keep on trying till I succeed.
 
It happened a couple of days ago. I could tell the female was about to give birth just by looking.
So I got ready by turning off the return pump and the room light, preparing a lamp and my phone. I knew from experience that the female would try to give birth as close to the light as possible. I observed the shrimp for about 5~10 min and started filming. It gave birth about 1min 20sec later (so I didn't bother to edit and cut the video short).
Please excuse the terrible camera work and video. Also, I turn the camera off way too soon. I guess I was trying to capture the fry asap which I didn't really need to.
The first two jumps were probably a failed attempt or a practice, seen something similar before.
I've tried raising the fry before a number of times but haven't had any luck so far. Will keep on trying till I succeed.

Like a good thriller! Very cool video and lucky you to see it happen!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new