Sexy shrimp, rock nems and porcelain crabs

pseudorand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have advice/caution about a tank with rock nems, sexy shrimp and porcelain anemone crabs?

I already have lots of rock nems, but I want to get sexy shrimp and porcelain crabs because I love inverts. I had some peppermint shrimp that mysteriously disappeared after 6+ months, so I'm looking for more inverts compatible with my tank.

120g mixed reef.
Lots of hermits, various types and sizes
Snails
Emerald crab
Clams
Brittle star
Urchins
Clowns
Foxface
1 domino damsel
Royal gramma
Red fin fairy wrasse
Possum wrasse
Swallow tail angel
Firefish
48 species of coral of all types
12 or so rock nems of various sizes

Anything known to be incompatible with either sexy shrimp or porcelain crabs? Will either host in my nems or other corals? Any special need to know about?

Googling for "sexy shrimp" seems to result in more restaurant recommendations than anything else. But at least I now have next date night covered.

Last edited:

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sexy shrimps are very cool, but very tiny, and can fit into some of those fishes mouths, you might end up losing some.

If you do get some, get a bunch, the more the better, they hang out together and dance together, its really neat to watch.

Both the sexy shrimp and porcelain crab should settle in some of your rock nems

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sexy shrimp MIGHT get ate but the crab should be fine. Both are hosted by nems or even other corals. My porcelain crab likes the BTA much more than a rock flower. I think because it provides better protection.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Porcelains will love the BTAs more than the rock nems probably, but may like either. Even some flowy corals. Sexy shrimp could get eaten by some of the fish (damsel could eat them or even the foxface or wrasses).
I keep them in my 6g and love them. Tried in my 210g, but lost them pretty quickly to some other creature. The sexies will like the rock nemsm btas and other corals.

Attachments

• Dec 30 2021-4.jpg
    Dec 30 2021-4.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 60

Eyedogtor

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Porcelains will love the BTAs more than the rock nems probably, but may like either. Even some flowy corals. Sexy shrimp could get eaten by some of the fish (damsel could eat them or even the foxface or wrasses).
I keep them in my 6g and love them. Tried in my 210g, but lost them pretty quickly to some other creature. The sexies will like the rock nemsm btas and other corals.
Just added a pair of shrimp a couple weeks ago in our rock nem garden, happy so far!!

Attachments

• 20220903_194230.mp4
    10.7 MB

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back