Sexy shrimp?

saixiong08

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2013
Messages
162
Reaction score
41
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a 5 gallon tank with some soft and lps corals. Have a hermit crab and a turbo snail. Thinking of picking up some sexy shrimp. They recommend having a few of them. How many should I get? And will they harm my corals, hermit or snail?
 
Either way, you will likely need to supplement their diet in such a small tank... So you could get away with a couple for sure... I am not terribly familiar with these shrimps, but they should live amongst the corals... I think they like the Euphyllia type corals to live in...
 
I have 2 in my 8 gallon nano that I have at work. I started with 4 but now down to two, and one lives in the back chamber of my tank for whatever reason and is huge now so it's getting food somehow. I don't supplement them with any other foods at all and they seem to be doing great. Don't seem to bother my corals at all. They say 3-6 is a good starter pair but I haven't been able to find any new ones to add to my tank. But they are awesome. I've also got a Harlequin Shrimp, candy cane pistol shrimp, Anemone Shrimp, and a Porcelain Crab in the tank and they all get along great.
 
I have 2 in my 8 gallon nano that I have at work. I started with 4 but now down to two, and one lives in the back chamber of my tank for whatever reason and is huge now so it's getting food somehow. I don't supplement them with any other foods at all and they seem to be doing great. Don't seem to bother my corals at all. They say 3-6 is a good starter pair but I haven't been able to find any new ones to add to my tank. But they are awesome. I've also got a Harlequin Shrimp, candy cane pistol shrimp, Anemone Shrimp, and a Porcelain Crab in the tank and they all get along great.
Do you feed any of them?
 
The only one I have to feed separately is the Harliquen since their sole diet is starfish. I feed the rest of the critters the same stuff the Yasha Haze Goby eats, and that’s just pellets. And I’ve seen all the other Shrimp go crazy for it. Not sure what the porcelain crab eats but it’s fat and healthy too.
 
I have 3. Started out with 4 but can only find the three. They stay in one area among the corals. They don't bother anything and I don't feed them. I have seven fish that eat 3 times a day though so there's probably enough food for them to find.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new