• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

sexycorals surprise box w/ photos

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I would really like for the other 13 people that supposedly purchased boxes to chime in and post pics of the corals they received. I would really like to see the $3000 box that was sold...
I have a 1000 box coming and I will post pics. First time customer and new to hobby. I wanted the 3000 box but he sold it too quick.I will put a honest review. Even better just pics so everyone can see it themselves. If its crappy I am calling Mike out.

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a feeling if the box turns out to be great I will be called a cheerleader and it will be dismissed. If its crappy I will be applauded to jump on bandwagon

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a feeling if the box turns out to be great I will be called a cheerleader and it will be dismissed. If its crappy I will be applauded to jump on bandwagon

hahhahahah lose lose situation... no worries.. you stuff had alot of time to heal and its ready to fly when u say so.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I don't think they would call you a cheerleader, but it'll seem like your awesome corals will fall on deaf ears. Well, except from turbo and I, since we're cheerleaders already I guess.

Msmith2813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a zoomed in shot of the OP picture. In my humble opinion these are juvenile aefw that have yet to cause severe bite marks!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402100066.626416.jpg

I see what you're observing. In order for this to be Aefw, you are saying juvenile Aefw are in the exact same position on each coralite? I'm not saying it's impossible but very unlikely.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see what you're observing. In order for this to be Aefw, you are saying juvenile Aefw are in the exact same position on each coralite? I'm not saying it's impossible but very unlikely.

Also curious as to why their bodies are so full, this might sound elementary but shouldn't flatworms be more flat? I know they aren't completely flat but those resemble droplets of water.

mnat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

hahhahahah lose lose situation... no worries.. you stuff had alot of time to heal and its ready to fly when u say so.

Just post pictures when you get it in, and that will be fair.

Since the frags are cut already, give us a tease of the pictures. Let's see what a 1000$ box looks like.

Neon Reef

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ssdawood, you are one very lucky person. Perfect timing. He will obviously send you some awesome pieces in an attempt to clear his name.

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats exactly what the OP stated

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
his stuff and list was made a couple weeks ago and put aside ... i dont do anything differently. to me everyone gets nice stuff and equal treatment no matter if its a $200 box or $10k

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was thinking same thing wouldnt wanna mess up a 1k box if I was Mike
Its only 1k. Any vendor should not botch a box. He will be loosing on a lot of money in future sales from just one customer. WWC 1k box was amazing and service was outstanding.I know Mike will deliver.

Fishon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its only 1k. Any vendor should not botch a box. He will be loosing on a lot of money in future sales from just one customer. WWC 1k box was amazing and service was outstanding.I know Mike will deliver.

From my experience with Mike you will be more then pleased! he seems to take care of his customers, on a side note i didn't expect people to come out of the wood work with not so good experiences... but its tough to bat 1000!

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol! I find this hilarious! Then why sell $100, $300, $1000,$3000 boxes if they all get the same love. Lol!

I think his point, and I'm not trying to speak for mike, is that he puts the same amount of attention and detail into each box, regardless of value. But Not the same value in each box.

Fishon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the Surprise Box i received was not in the 1000's and i think it had plenty of love, and well beyond worth it, look at the proof (pictures). I plan on doing a 1k-3k surprise the next round!

mnat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
his stuff and list was made a couple weeks ago and put aside ... i dont do anything differently. to me everyone gets nice stuff and equal treatment no matter if its a $200 box or $10k

Cool then let's see it. This will be fun, you post here and then he can post up here as well. Then we can all take a look, and he sounds all for it.

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a zoomed in shot of the OP picture. In my humble opinion these are juvenile aefw that have yet to cause severe bite marks!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402100066.626416.jpg

Maybe I am not seeing the same thing here but the shiny spots that are being pointed out are in the coralites of the acro. Being the picture was taken out of water, the position of the so called aefw and the OP dipping and not getting any aefw I can only assume that is slime or water deposits built up in the crevice of the coralites. The chances of aefw laying in each coralite, over the polyps would be extremely doughtful at best.
I've woken up and smelt the coffee and still don't see AEFW. If they were present they would have come off in the dip.

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
the Surprise Box i received was not in the 1000's and i think it had plenty of love, and well beyond worth it, look at the proof (pictures). I plan on doing a 1k-3k surprise the next round!
U did get a nice box. For the OP selection of corals were nice but they didnt make it to him nice. Here is the problem. Now Mike has good stuff and probably grows them. Now he is fine with growing big name frags but he does not give it to his customers. Doesnt make sense. He introduces some amazing pieces. Pretty sure he has a grow out. But he wont give those nice pieces to his customers. Does not add up.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back