• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Sexy's Spring Sponsored Salaciously Scandalous uhm...dangit, growout

Moochi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right on guys! Cant wait to see some pictures of the chalices and THANK YOU TO MIKE FROM SEXY CORAL for sponsoring us!

OP
OP
drainbamage

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
%

2011-05-08_19-54-13_569.jpg

slooow acclimation- no need to risk the preciouses.

Oh- and two things I actually need to bring up-

-First, the rainbow magic is being babysat at Annette's tank, and either due to not getting it done, laziness, or the soul crushing feeling that is the Lakers playoff series, Mike didn't have it on hand- he's just going to mail it down later on once the frag is ready- so just stand by on it.

-Two- he had the Blue Eyed Flamethrower next to the SC Shocker for us- and pointed out how similar the two are, to give us a bigger variety, he offered up a Multi-Eyed Purple Urkle. Scott and I made the non-executive decision to change it out for the B.E.F- so we'll be getting a Purple Urkle (would you post a pic of it Scott?) instead of the B.E.F. It'll be coming in the mail with the Rainbow Magic, so if anyone isn't happy with that change, please let me know ASAP and we'll get it corrected. Would have asked you guys first, but it was just a case of Mike pointing it out while we were checking them out in the tank. Basically the Shocker is an even nicer looking piece than the B.E.F.

Better pics to come later on guys!

Beerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait to see more pictures. The one above is a little blurry or maybe I'm just tired. Thanks for setting this up guys.

OP
OP
drainbamage

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the one above is way beyond a little blurry- thought it came out ok (just taken on my phone's cam) and when I uploaded and posted, then noticed how cruddy it is

Macropora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the one above is way beyond a little blurry- thought it came out ok (just taken on my phone's cam) and when I uploaded and posted, then noticed how cruddy it is

LOL, I thought the blur was a mesh screen over the acclimating frags. I'm good with the last minute change.

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG thats got my vote for the worst photo of all times... sd and drain.(dunb and dumber)

ON on the real.. two great guys!! stand up people here.. you guys have no worried about them being the type to take your corals and running. really know what they are doing and Great candidates to make this growout a success..

I tossed in my SC pot of Gold!

scpotofgold.jpg

And also the Piece of Snipers Pinky Dinky! i cant find a picture of it.. but ill take one later..

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish, but Mike said he would hook it up with a NICE sized frag. This one will be shipped down with the Rainbow Magic.

Macropora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG thats got my vote for the worst photo of all times... sd and drain.(dunb and dumber)

ON on the real.. two great guys!! stand up people here.. you guys have no worried about them being the type to take your corals and running. really know what they are doing and Great candidates to make this growout a success..

I tossed in my SC pot of Gold!

scpotofgold.jpg

And also the Piece of Snipers Pinky Dinky! i cant find a picture of it.. but ill take one later..

You the man Mike!

OP
OP
drainbamage

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alrighty, bout time for some pics!

%

The Shocker- this thing looks amazing in person, incredibly bright
pics14of5.jpg

Pink Diddy
pics13of5.jpg

Fallen Sun- has some growing to get going on it, but saw the mother colony and totally a nice piece
pics16of5.jpg

Pot O' Gold
pics15of5.jpg

Golden Superman- Piece is looking a bit rough, Mike offered us a big piece or a colored up piece- I went for the size as I'm confident the beauty will come back to it, and bigger means faster for us! Mike's also got our backs if it doesn't shape up.
pics12of5-1.jpg

The other pieces are still to come! With Memphis having problems I may have to just drive back up to LA to pick them up, but no biggy, worth it if we get the stuff so we can have all pieces in our control and growing IMO. Oh- and the Crazy Fox is at Scott's (SD Actuary's) so a pic will get put up of it shortly- for now he's going to be growing it out as it was already in his tank, and no reason to switch things up on it for no reason.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 29 32.6%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back