• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Sexy's Spring Sponsored Salaciously Scandalous uhm...dangit, growout

Beerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brian did you need any money for food? I'm a strong believer in feeding chalices and I know over the course of 6 months, or however long it takes, that it's going to add up in cost. Hate for you to foot all the coin. LMK. Derek

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When i get my camera back from a certain grower I will post a pic of the Crazy Fox. Its been fragged as a single eye for 3 weeks now and has a solid growth rim. It gladly takes generous portions of Reef Caviar every other day.

OP
OP
drainbamage

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brian did you need any money for food? I'm a strong believer in feeding chalices and I know over the course of 6 months, or however long it takes, that it's going to add up in cost. Hate for you to foot all the coin. LMK. Derek

Thanks for this Derek! But I really don't mind- I feed all my stuff fairly often, the little bit that these guys are consuming (compared to the rest of everything) just really aint enough for me to worry about. I'll trade the cost of food for getting to look at them while they're growing, sound fair? :xd: And yea- I feed roughly 2-5 times a week, with some alternating to keep things mixed up.

Beerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good Brian. Take care of our babies and hopefully they'll be grown by end of the summer! I'm looking forward to seeing progress pictures. Never really tracked growth rates closely

Beerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Beerman was just wondering if we got the rest of the chalices or were they going to be shipped? Just curious to see pictures. Thanks.

OP
OP
drainbamage

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Beerman was just wondering if we got the rest of the chalices or were they going to be shipped? Just curious to see pictures. Thanks.

With the shipping things going on, I'm thinking I'm just going to foot the gas and make a run up to LA and pick them up and not have to take the risk of something happening. Most likely it'll happen on Monday but I'll let you guys know a for sure either way.

The Crazy Fox is at Scott's place, and I've sort of stolen his camera temporarily- He might have another one to get a temp photo up of, but otherwise just bear with me while I finish taking new photo's of my collections.

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seem to have lost my secondary camera, so when i get mine back from Brian i'll get a pic up of the CF.

As an update on the CF tho, its now accepting full reef caviar eggs along with the fauna marin zoa/acan food and has feeder tentacles out every night at 8. He's growing up so fast :angel:

OP
OP
drainbamage

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seem to have lost my secondary camera, so when i get mine back from Brian i'll get a pic up of the CF.

As an update on the CF tho, its now accepting full reef caviar eggs along with the fauna marin zoa/acan food and has feeder tentacles out every night at 8. He's growing up so fast :angel:

you've weened him off of baby food :tongue:

=Mini-update guys, Mike got pulled out of town on something emergency-ish, i didn't ask for details in case it's something personal, but basically he'll be out of town for about a week and a half it seems. Once he's back I'll pick up the Rainbow Magic and Purple Urkle (along with my prize pack, oh the waiting :cry: ) So yea, sorry for the setback all, but I'm sure it'll work out fine and I'll just use some special Irish Growth secrets to get the pieces caught up to the rest!

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting the camera back tomorrow, I will have a pic of the Crazy Fox in the next day or two.

I am also moving it into my new up-and-running frag tank tonight where i will head into maximum feeding mode. Its looking good, expanding really well and looking great.

OP
OP
drainbamage

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got Scott his camera back (thanks again for letting me bum it man!!) so he should be able to put a pic up in the next couple of days!

Otherwise, still waiting on Mr. Sexy to get back in town, but beyond that all the pieces are looking good!

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that we narrowly avoided the rapture, I will have quite a bit of time tomorrow. I will get some pics of it up tomorrow afternoon.

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the first shot, as you can see its a baby, but its growing like a champ. Just got it moved into the new frag tank.

dsc0471nef.jpg

OP
OP
drainbamage

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Scott!

Hey guys, a mini-update here- heard from Mike that there's been some complications that mean he's not getting back into town till beginning of June. He's got a buddy helping take pics and ship stuff, but doesn't want anyone else cutting the frags for us as they're a bit more delicate. I'll try and get an pic update done this week to make up for the delay- everything's looking good though!

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 36 35.3%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 17 16.7%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back