• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Sexy's Spring Sponsored Salaciously Scandalous uhm...dangit, growout

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike just got back in town and should be shipping out the last 2 corals later this week hopefully. No new eyes yet on the Crazy Fox, but I can tell that the chalice is expanding nicely.

OP
OP
drainbamage

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys- sorry I haven't been updating, just been a little busy- in the future, please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM, I get an alert on my phone that way (cause of the email notification) and it reminds me to come post up something for you guys!!

So update as of now- The Fallen Sun has colored up rediculous (so much so I can't spell rediculous right!) from when it came in, I'm honestly blown away when I look down at it. I'll be bumming a camera in the coming week and getting some update photos for you guys. The Superman still needs some time apparently, but has come a little ways from when we got him, still looking healthy and has added some flesh, just not insanely colored up yet. The Shocker suffered a slight bit of recession on one edge (maybe 1mm max) but I got it cleaned up and it's looking good- color is screaming bright on it and a fleck of green has popped up on it. I honestly wasn't that excited about the shocker when we put this thing together, but now totally happy about it, the thing is BRIGHT! The Crazy Fox is still chilling at Scott's, and last time I saw it it was looking good, I think he said he's gotten a really good growth rim going on on it. So we're waiting for the purple urkle and the rainbow to show up, but Mike has promised us some fatty frags on it due to the delay- I've yet to have a bad dealing with him, so I'm pretty sure it'll be worth our waiting on him and we'll be rewarded for it.

Any specific questions guys? Please ask away, I really don't mind updating, but a lot of the time can't think of anything to say (people know what a quiet guy I tend to be... :tongue: )

Macropora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys- sorry I haven't been updating, just been a little busy- in the future, please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM, I get an alert on my phone that way (cause of the email notification) and it reminds me to come post up something for you guys!!

So update as of now- The Fallen Sun has colored up rediculous (so much so I can't spell rediculous right!) from when it came in, I'm honestly blown away when I look down at it. I'll be bumming a camera in the coming week and getting some update photos for you guys. The Superman still needs some time apparently, but has come a little ways from when we got him, still looking healthy and has added some flesh, just not insanely colored up yet. The Shocker suffered a slight bit of recession on one edge (maybe 1mm max) but I got it cleaned up and it's looking good- color is screaming bright on it and a fleck of green has popped up on it. I honestly wasn't that excited about the shocker when we put this thing together, but now totally happy about it, the thing is BRIGHT! The Crazy Fox is still chilling at Scott's, and last time I saw it it was looking good, I think he said he's gotten a really good growth rim going on on it. So we're waiting for the purple urkle and the rainbow to show up, but Mike has promised us some fatty frags on it due to the delay- I've yet to have a bad dealing with him, so I'm pretty sure it'll be worth our waiting on him and we'll be rewarded for it.

Any specific questions guys? Please ask away, I really don't mind updating, but a lot of the time can't think of anything to say (people know what a quiet guy I tend to be... :tongue: )

Thanks for the update!

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much difference from the last picture but the eye is getting much larger and its still expanding.
CrazyFox.jpg

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update guys:

I went up to Sexy Corals yesterday afternoon and I picked up the last remaining piece of our growout, the Purple Urkle. Its a nice sized piece with a single HUGE eye, looks like it wont take long for this guy to grow. I will post pics either tonight or tomorrow once it officially gets settled into the tank.

Moochi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thanks for the update! Question Scott, aren't we suppose to receive 2 frags purple urkle and rainbow?

OP
OP
drainbamage

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thanks for the update! Question Scott, aren't we suppose to receive 2 frags purple urkle and rainbow?

Yea, Scott just forgot about it in his overdose of sexiness (Mike has that affect on people in person, it's the pink thongs I think that really do it.) But yes, we did get the rainbow magic too, a pretty nice sized piece. Working on some new pics for you guys, and the update will include all the pieces!

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two picture updates, its been about a week since the last picture of the Crazy Fox and you can see that the center is expanding and the eye is separating completely from the rim, progress!

Here is a picture of one of the Purple Urkle. It's hard to look at since the eye on this thing is so bright! Also, as a little FYI, for now it looks like i will be raising this purple urkle frag in my system with the crazy fox. If we decide that we would rather them all be in Brian's tank we can, he is in the middle of moving houses right now so I will wait until he gets his stuff settled to move it on over there.

DSC_0393NEF.jpg

DSC_0391NEF.jpg

OP
OP
drainbamage

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys, just wanted to pop in and apologize for my lack of updates. In the process of moving and haven't been logging on to the forums much. I'll get some better updates coming shortly

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will get a picture update soon, the CF is looking great, its starting to expand pretty quickly now, and the purple urkle is also growing nicely.

Last edited:

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 25 32.5%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 14.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back