• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Sexy's Spring Sponsored Salaciously Scandalous uhm...dangit, growout

Beerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point I'm thinking we should start accepting that we may just be going with half the frags (SD frags) now since we haven't heard for months. I'm a little disappointed but won't judge. Are the other two guys still around or is it just like half the group now anyway?

Macropora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point I'm thinking we should start accepting that we may just be going with half the frags (SD frags) now since we haven't heard for months. I'm a little disappointed but won't judge. Are the other two guys still around or is it just like half the group now anyway?

Hopefully that's not the reality... :sad:. Hope to hear from Brian soon or from SD who went to checkup on him to see how the frags are doing and get us some updated pics.

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could not get a hold of Brian on monday when i got off work and was going to go over to his house. he didnt respond so i didnt get to go over there. Hopefully he will respond this weekend...

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the Crazy Fox and Purple Urkle updates. Still trying to figure out what placement will bring out the blue rim the best, hard to see from the pics. Growing HUGE, should get more eyes any day now. And the Crazy Fox i can see the faintest little orange speck about 1/4" under the eye of the crazy fox, so it looks like something is developing.

CrazyFox-9.jpg

PurpleUrkle-6.jpg

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well.....yesterday was an interesting day here in San Diego....city wide power outage (something like 6,000,000 people without power) which started at 3:45 pm and didnt come back on (for my house) until 1:30 am.

I got off work at 3:46 and went home to start the tank maintenance. I went to three different petco's in san diego and tried to buy a battery operated bubbler but at two of the stores the manager told me "5 minutes ago some guy came in and bought ALL of them". I go to Wal Mart (i know they have them) and the manager will not no matter what let me in to buy one with cash, or he wont go in to buy me one with cash. I was beginning to get frustrated.

Starting at 5:30 I daisy-chained several extension cords together and plugged them in to my portable AC/DC inverter in my car's cigarette lighter outlet. I ran a (plug in) bubbler, a heater, and a koralia 450 nano for 20 minutes in each tank (i have two tanks) every hour.

In the end i burned 1/2 a tank of gas and the power came back on around 1:30.

Not knowing that the AI SOL timers got reset, i was awaken around 4:30 am to a thunderstorm (from the AI SOL modules) with insane bright lights flashing around the bedroom. I reset the timers and put it to rest. From what i saw when the lights were on, were that everything looked good, the lights were on for maybe 30 minutes while i inspected things, and all the zoas in my frag tank were opening, and many of the chalices had feeder tentacles out. (Although the celebrity, as i have told you guys, still looks like it may have 1 mm of flesh left on it). Other than that (knock on wood) i think its ok, i will give a full report tonight when i get home.

Due to the glorious san diego weather, the temperature in the house stayed around 76 all night, and the tank temperature didnt even fluctuate. My massive 6 pound Mandarin in my display was acting pretty darn weird all night, so im praying he is ok, other than that it was a looooong night. I will report tonight on how they are all taking it.

I have yet to hear from Brian about how his tank took it.

Nuocmam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scott you are awesome! I texted Brian and he assured me we would have an update in a couple days. I hope all is well.

Beerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nuocman - its been more than a couple of days. Lol. Just messing with you. Heck I still believe in Santa Claus.

Beerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me also remind everyone that this growout was $2,000 total. There are six of us and five of us put $500 each. With Brian putting in some of his own chalices. I wonder if we'll see those. If this thing ever gets resolved I'm guessing since most of this group isn't expressing their discontent about this whole experience that I will be getting all the bad pieces. Lol.

OP
OP
drainbamage

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow- not sure why people are bringing Will/AquaSD/TeamAquaSD up, but not going to let a non-involved business get trashed, so I'll state simply that me being TeamAquaSD is not accurate, and Will/AquaSD/TeamAquaSD aren't involved or in any way shape or form have anything to do with this growout. Similarly, neither does Reefkoi, Wet Thumbs, Reef2Reef, heck, anyone else, so please don't go tarnishing any of the vendors on here, thanks.

Here's an update- corals are still growing. i've been busy with a few things, not going to share as they're personal and involve someone close to me in a very abusive situation that I've been helping out to get them out of. I chose that priority over updating, think I'm right to do so. I've responded to all the texts i've received (if I didn't receive your text, please try again, phone's only been working so well after it got dropped into a tank a month ago.) I know I've slacked off updating here, not going to make an excuse. Working on fixing it, can only do so much being human. Sorry.

Last edited:

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well said Brian, thanks for clearing that up for our sponsors.

Just to clear up any remaining confusion, Brian is not a sponsor or a vendor on this site (or any other to my knowledge), nor was he involved with any of the sponsors/vendors when this grow-out was started.

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back :)Sorry for the bad situation n hope its getting resolved ill also say I agree well said n cleared up as to the sponsor thing. I'll put you in prayer for the stand up man you are for the troubles your helping another out of. You are correct that's utmost priority but communications key man so thank you for standing up n clearinghouse n moving forward:)

Big Steve

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back