OP
sfin52

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This what I'm upagainst. I know my foe and the victory is mine. These beasts don't stand a chance
IMG_20200213_213002279.jpg
IMG_20200213_212948176.jpg

ghartman1234

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went there (live right down the road) as well as Nemo’s Reef and Upscale Aquatics. It shows on their website, but every time I have checked for the past year it has also shown as out of stock :/
2B26AA2F-4816-498E-89B1-AED8E8207DD7.png
Just finished my shift. I took the time to scour our inventory. We did not specifically have the pink streaked/striped wrasse. Might have to further contact our distributor to see if they have some in stock. Their inventory updates constantly so one day they’ll have them and the other they may not.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished my shift. I took the time to scour our inventory. We did not specifically have the pink streaked/striped wrasse. Might have to further contact our distributor to see if they have some in stock. Their inventory updates constantly so one day they’ll have them and the other they may not.
I appreciate you taking the time to check! However, I would be genuinely shocked if you had been successful. The pink streak is a rather unique fish: it has an immaculate reputation as a community fish, will be happy in all but the very smallest of tanks, and is highly useful (similar to a 6 line). It does not appear to be a fish that gets bred in captivity, and I would suspect that anyone “ordering” one is merely going on a wait list, as they seem to be in very high demand but very short supply.

that being said, I don’t currently want to add any fish to my 28g tank, as my 6 line would no doubt murder any new arrivals...i was in the market about 8 months ago lol

also: you have some really beautiful tanks in your store! I particularly enjoyed the large predator tank in the back :)

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my 5 micron socks in today. I did 10 gallons through the socks and I got all kinds of nasty dino out of the tank.
I also put the mainland Magnum polishing filter in the 90. It's running the blue felt filter and carbon. It's not going to remove the dino. I also blew off the rocks and made quite a mess.

Bonus. I'm starting to see gha. Thats a great sign.

ghartman1234

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate you taking the time to check! However, I would be genuinely shocked if you had been successful. The pink streak is a rather unique fish: it has an immaculate reputation as a community fish, will be happy in all but the very smallest of tanks, and is highly useful (similar to a 6 line). It does not appear to be a fish that gets bred in captivity, and I would suspect that anyone “ordering” one is merely going on a wait list, as they seem to be in very high demand but very short supply.

that being said, I don’t currently want to add any fish to my 28g tank, as my 6 line would no doubt murder any new arrivals...i was in the market about 8 months ago lol

also: you have some really beautiful tanks in your store! I particularly enjoyed the large predator tank in the back :)
Thanks! We’ve been having some trouble in attempt of adding rays to the saltwater predator tank but the past few have sadly passed away within a few days of being added to the tank. We got 2 yesterday and 1 was still alive so we added that cutie to the tank. Fingers crossed he makes it.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the plus side. This morning google stated the temp was 24 this morning. That's 28 degrees warmer than yesterday at this time

We're at 17 right now which is a 25 degree increase from yesterday!

Thanks! We’ve been having some trouble in attempt of adding rays to the saltwater predator tank but the past few have sadly passed away within a few days of being added to the tank. We got 2 yesterday and 1 was still alive so we added that cutie to the tank. Fingers crossed he makes it.

Good luck with the new addition!

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of rays are you adding. I hope it makes it

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of rays are you adding. I hope it makes it

I would imagine they are Blue Spot as I cannot think of another ray suitable for aquarium life. However, I've been wrong before and would, in this instance, like to be wrong again as it will help me learn.

I do not know the size of the tank but would hope it's a minimum of 300g for a ray.

ghartman1234

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would imagine they are Blue Spot as I cannot think of another ray suitable for aquarium life. However, I've been wrong before and would, in this instance, like to be wrong again as it will help me learn.

I do not know the size of the tank but would hope it's a minimum of 300g for a ray.
Ya our tank is 700+, we once added a blue spot and it didn’t make it, the rays we recently added are california’s i think.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya our tank is 700+, we once added a blue spot and it didn’t make it, the rays we recently added are california’s i think.

Sweet and thank you!

I hope the Californias are a little softer on the wallet.

You know you can't talk about things like this without pics, right? I think it's illegal or something!

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet and thank you!

I hope the Californias are a little softer on the wallet.

You know you can't talk about things like this without pics, right? I think it's illegal or something!
Pics or it never happened

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back