IMG_20190817_103932.jpg
what type of bta is that.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No one knows. We all enjoy speculating though. My opinion, it has to with several factors including foot security, flow, light, age and size. I think in several cases I have seen, a strong foothold and strong flow lead to longer tentacles.

My personal BTA lost its bubbles as it became more secure, enjoyed increased lighting and increased flow. When my tank was hurting, I decreased lighting and then my gyre failed. The bubbles partly returned. For a while it was half and half. Then it moved within the same crevice about an inch or two. Now that things are returning to normal parameters, flow and light, bubbles are completely gone.

I am not saying this will be the case in every tank or with every BTA. I do not think one or the other is good or bad. I also think anemones are weird as heck. Just sharing the data I have observed from mine and others.

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I played with my flow today. Several zoas wernt opening. I turned off three power heads. Repositioned one and turned back on a second. I left the third off. Ironically none of that effect the flow around the nem. It was all center and to the right of the tank.

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is it when you start looking for a fish you can never find it. When you arnt looking you find them all over the place :(

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love that word
FREE
who doesn't. This lfs has taken good care of me. Ive given them free coral frags. Just nice size keyna trees and plants from my fresh water tank. Just a good rule of thumb to help others

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 85 48.6%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%
Back