Shade blind - Looking for Nitrate and Phosphate Test Recommendations

ikanspelwel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I am shade blind comparing colors on the "manual" test kits are very difficult for me. I am looking for recommendations on a Nitrate and Phosphate test kit for shade/color blind individuals.

Also I would like to only have to buy one kit for each element. Can I get by with just the low range Nitrate kit, and the Ultra Low Range Phosphate kit?

I am currently leaning towards the Hanna test kits since I wouldn't need to manually compare colors. Has anyone had good results with these two testing kits?

Are there other options like the Hanna digital read out test kits available?

Thanks
Adam (New Reefer)

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a lot of trouble distinguishing between the shades as well.

I use an Android app called Aquarium Note. It has a function that allows you to take a photo of the vial sitting on the colour chart. You then place a marker over the solution in the vial, and two other markers that can be placed on the colour patches on the chart. It will show you which patch the solution is closest to. You can move the marker around until you get a fairly close match.

OP
OP
ikanspelwel

ikanspelwel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use an Android app called Aquarium Note. It has a function that allows you to take a photo of the vial sitting on the colour chart. You then place a marker over the solution in the vial, and two other markers that can be placed on the colour patches on the chart. It will show you which patch the solution is closest to. You can move the marker around until you get a fairly close match.

That is a great idea! I will have to look that up, thanks for pointing that out.

Back