OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the Reef of The Day! Here are some more pics!

DSC00315.jpg

DSC00903.jpg

IMG_4464.jpeg

DSC01208.jpg

DSC01216.jpg

DSC01193.jpg

DSC01258.jpg

DSC01305.jpg

DSC01292.jpg

DSC01389.jpg

DSC01474.jpg

DSC01544.jpg

Last edited:

Jgerm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely incredible tank! I miss my mystery wrasse from my last tank. I will definitely have another in my new one. They are definitely photogenic. :)

OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys - I thought I would post a long overdue update about me for those who are interested, which I dont expect to be that many :) as I have been gone for far too long. A very long story short, my wife had been seriously ill for a long time and caring for her started to take a toll mentally. Then covid happened which made that situation worse and work go very tricky and intense. I went through a period of severe anxiety and then I fell ill and I am still suffering somewhat today.

The physical illness I can cope with, but like many other folks the mental illness has taken a toll, for me writing stuff like this helps somewhat and I urge others in the same boat to talk about it too. It gets so bad sometimes I cry, a grown man of 49! As I type this I have tears rolling down my face. What an idiot.

Anyhow, the message I want to send is that I am still alive, I still support R2R although this is probably the first time I have logged on to the forums in a couple of years and I still have my tank. I have good days and bad days but I know only I can push myself through and thats what I try to do.

I have taken up a couple of other hobbies to try and help and that strat is working to a point. I posted an update on my instagram a couple of days ago if you are interested in seeing the tank @waterboxreef

Just wanted to say hi! :) and urge anyone that has mental health issues to talk about them! Especially if you fall into the stubborn criteria!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys - I thought I would post a long overdue update about me for those who are interested, which I dont expect to be that many :) as I have been gone for far too long. A very long story short, my wife had been seriously ill for a long time and caring for her started to take a toll mentally. Then covid happened which made that situation worse and work go very tricky and intense. I went through a period of severe anxiety and then I fell ill and I am still suffering somewhat today.

The physical illness I can cope with, but like many other folks the mental illness has taken a toll, for me writing stuff like this helps somewhat and I urge others in the same boat to talk about it too. It gets so bad sometimes I cry, a grown man of 49! As I type this I have tears rolling down my face. What an idiot.

Anyhow, the message I want to send is that I am still alive, I still support R2R although this is probably the first time I have logged on to the forums in a couple of years and I still have my tank. I have good days and bad days but I know only I can push myself through and thats what I try to do.

I have taken up a couple of other hobbies to try and help and that strat is working to a point. I posted an update on my instagram a couple of days ago if you are interested in seeing the tank @waterboxreef

Just wanted to say hi! :) and urge anyone that has mental health issues to talk about them! Especially if you fall into the stubborn criteria!

Hey buddy sorry to hear about the health issue with your wife and yourself. Anxiety can be crippling mentally but also effect you in many ways physically. I have also battled in this arena and understand the pain. Thankfully God has never failed me and the support from my family and friends have brought me through! If you ever need an ear to listen or a shoulder to cry on shoot me a message. Nice to hear from you.

OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey buddy sorry to hear about the health issue with your wife and yourself. Anxiety can be crippling mentally but also effect you in many ways physically. I have also battled in this arena and understand the pain. Thankfully God has never failed me and the support from my family and friends have brought me through! If you ever need an ear to listen or a shoulder to cry on shoot me a message. Nice to hear from you.
Thanks bud. Appreciate the words an the offer :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back