OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was just messing around with my big cameras, and Macro Lens and 50mm lens. I did not have a filter on, I have one on order. Was trying to get as close as possible. Some came out ok, lots of improvement to be had! I did not pick the best ones! I just added everything :)

DSC_8899.jpg

DSC_8884.jpg

DSC_8882.jpg

DSC_8881.jpg

DSC_8876.jpg

DSC_8875.jpg

DSC_8870.jpg

dsc_8869-jpg.1229818

DSC_8873.jpg

DSC_8863.jpg

DSC_8869.jpg

Last edited:

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rocks looks awesome and ready for a CUC crew.

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hah I still have another 50lbs to come yet. Plus, 2 Gorilla crabs to kill :)
Two gorilla crabs and one pistol shrimp. No mantis shrimp? I always got mantis shrimp on my TBS rock. Don't feel bad if you got left out!

Get those hitch hikers out as soon as you can, just gets harder over time as you keep adding stuff and not wanting to mess up your scape.

OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right then! Water change done. Ammonia never got above 0.2. I did about a 20 gallon change. Dispatched one Gorilla crab in his cave, then picked out one more and a small stone crab. I gave them a quick death. Could not find any mantis shrimp, I checked every rock. The tapping is still going on which I am sure is a pistol shrimp!

The rest of the rock comes tomorrow along with the clean up crew! Making up some salt as this time as I will check each rock individually before putting in the tank. Oh one more thing thanks to @ludnix for the light baffles. They are really very good. Pic below!

And another thing, I spent some more money today. Ordered a reef link and an MP-40 , I still dont have my skimmer running yet (not sure if that's a problem) as I ordered some stuff to raise it. Should have that done at the weekend.

1D232A9C-7BCE-4804-8F05-684B403A19EA.jpeg

OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new rock is in. The clean up crew are in! The skimmer is running (Prob need some advice on that) and that's about it. So much to update you on but Im done!!! Been getting home from work every day this week and tinkering from 4 to 9! So I need a rest. Here is a teaser though on the new rock!

The peppermint shrimp that came was full of eggs as well!

DSC03873.jpg

Last edited:

wiltongates

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new rock is in. The clean up crew are in! The skimmer is running (Prob need some advice on that) and that's about it. So much to update you on but Im done!!! Been getting home from work every day this week and tinkering from 4 to 9! So I need a rest. Here is a teaser though on the new rock!

The peppermint shrimp that came was full of eggs as well!

DSC03873.jpg
Looks great! Love the 'scape.

OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its been a busy day here at the Reef Tank! Myself and the wife went on a trip to find our first fish mate. Top of the list was a Mystery Wrasse. Nobody had one! I knew a Goby was on the list so we came across a Tiger Watchman Goby. It had been in the store for 3 weeks, looked super healthy, so we took him! He is currently in the cave he built, doing, well, Goby stuff!

The skimmer is getting there. Just making small tweaks every our or so! I promised some pics of the Aqaua Scape, please feel free to share your thoughts on that or anything you see on the rock! So there is 100lbs in now, all from Tampa Bay Saltwater. I have 25lbs of Caribsea shapes that I will use at some point once I start tweaking!

DSC_8938.jpg

DSC_8939.jpg

DSC_8940.jpg

DSC_8924.jpg

DSC_8925.jpg

DSC_8928.jpg

DSC_8942.jpg

DSC_8945.jpg

DSC_8952.jpg

DSC_8956.jpg

DSC_8918.jpg

DSC_8919.jpg

NPD_289

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whenever possible can you post what your plans are for cable management. For my setup, I need everything inside the cabinet which includes Apex, DC controllers, etc. The larger sump is a great upgrade that Waterbox now includes but limits space...

OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whenever possible can you post what your plans are for cable management. For my setup, I need everything inside the cabinet which includes Apex, DC controllers, etc. The larger sump is a great upgrade that Waterbox now includes but limits space...
I actually hired a guy, who is coming on Wednesday. He is going to sort out all the cables, get the reef link going and basically give the tank the once over. I don't trust myself with anything like that, so will let you know how that goes!

Jeto2004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its been a busy day here at the Reef Tank! Myself and the wife went on a trip to find our first fish mate. Top of the list was a Mystery Wrasse. Nobody had one! I knew a Goby was on the list so we came across a Tiger Watchman Goby. It had been in the store for 3 weeks, looked super healthy, so we took him! He is currently in the cave he built, doing, well, Goby stuff!

The skimmer is getting there. Just making small tweaks every our or so! I promised some pics of the Aqaua Scape, please feel free to share your thoughts on that or anything you see on the rock! So there is 100lbs in now, all from Tampa Bay Saltwater. I have 25lbs of Caribsea shapes that I will use at some point once I start tweaking!

DSC_8938.jpg

DSC_8939.jpg

DSC_8940.jpg

DSC_8924.jpg

DSC_8925.jpg

DSC_8928.jpg

DSC_8942.jpg

DSC_8945.jpg

DSC_8952.jpg

DSC_8956.jpg

DSC_8918.jpg

DSC_8919.jpg
Nice pictures! Curious on what kind of camera you are using. Quality suggests a DSLR. Zoom or macro lens?. Any post processing? Interesting to learn more about tank photography!

OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just did a water test. Not sure if I am to be concerned, but I probably as a result of the new rock.

Ammonia - 0.2 (maybe a tad more)
Nitrates - 2.0
Nitrites - 0.2

OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pictures! Curious on what kind of camera you are using. Quality suggests a DSLR. Zoom or macro lens?. Any post processing? Interesting to learn more about tank photography!
Half were done with a Nikon 50mm lens, half with a Nikon Macro lens. The body was a Nikon D800 and used Lightroom to process :)

Jeto2004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Half were done with a Nikon 50mm lens, half with a Nikon Macro lens. The body was a Nikon D800 and used Lightroom to process :)
Nice thanks! I’m a Nikon guy myself! Currently have a D7500, had a D70 and got couple of DX lenses. Now it’s hard to go back to full-frame sensor. But the 80mm Macro that I have will come in handy!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back