SHARE YOUR DIY MIXING STATIONS PLS!

one of the best things I ever did was setting up a water change station.
IMG_0206.jpeg
 
Does it matter the temp of the room you keep that in? My summers can get very hot in my garage.
 
Why the pump? to move the R/O water to the salt side?
You fill a rodi side, move it to the salt side, then close certain ball valves and add your salt then use the pump to mix your water to make ya saltwater. Then use the pump and a hose to pump it to your tank.

And instead of having 1 barrel that you fill with rodi then add the salt and then mix, you can have a surplus of salt water, also while you’re mixing you can produce more rodi incase you may need it, or have it on stand by
 
What is the hose setup you have? I wanna to do something like that where it is a retractable like 100ft hose so I don’t have to wind it up manually or atleast can just spin a wheel to wind it up
It’s an Amazon special pvc retractable hose it’s super slow due to really high head pressure I am planning on re-spooling it with some 3/4 pvc hose because it is probably 1/4 inch ID as it comes from amazon
 
I keep mine locked in the bathroom closet, like a secret love child.
I keep my mixing stuff locked in the cabinet underneath our sink, haha
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new