Share your RedSea ReefLED Lighting Schedule/Program (Reefbeat App)

ajtomase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a slight change on lighting as nemes stared to walk around, added 1% moonlight till morning 5 and hope things will go good. Find my settings at Reef Beat https://reef-beat.com/tyE9

EDDDF924-F66F-4EB7-A97E-BD4FCB0A4B14.png 0FDD5519-08B2-45DF-918B-FA7AC836A589.png 5AAB1FAA-F772-4E2D-9D63-AA199D22F32E.png 73208C4E-B39A-4C74-BE18-65B868B4E80B.png
would love to see a tank pic with these settings. have you noticed coral growth with them?

Mhuq1197

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

I know these ReefLED lights from Red Sea are very new, and the Reefbeat software that controls it is even newer, but there's really not a lot of info I can find on how to best program the light settings and balance.

I'm sharing my current lighting schedule and would love to see yours, or hear some wisdom on how to improve it!

Current schedule:

IMG_2377.PNG

Blue starts at 9AM gradually increases until it peaks at 80% at noon, stays at peak until 1 PM, then gradually declines until 6PM, followed by 2 hours of moonlight.
White starts at 9AM and gradually increases until 11AM where it peaks at 30% until 2PM, then gradually declines until 5PM.
Clouds roll in at 11AM and hang around in and out for most of the day.

Our tank is a RedSea Reefer 250. Our build thread is in my signature. We have had some minor algae growth and figure it must be because of the lighting since all our other parameters are good.

Would love to see your programs or ideas on how to better ours!

Thanks!

-- Lovealien
How do you edit? When I tap, I see the blue edit box but it doesn’t let me do anything.

ardila

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

I know these ReefLED lights from Red Sea are very new, and the Reefbeat software that controls it is even newer, but there's really not a lot of info I can find on how to best program the light settings and balance.

I'm sharing my current lighting schedule and would love to see yours, or hear some wisdom on how to improve it!

Current schedule:

IMG_2377.PNG

Blue starts at 9AM gradually increases until it peaks at 80% at noon, stays at peak until 1 PM, then gradually declines until 6PM, followed by 2 hours of moonlight.
White starts at 9AM and gradually increases until 11AM where it peaks at 30% until 2PM, then gradually declines until 5PM.

Our tank is a RedSea Reefer 250. Our build thread is in my signature. We have had some minor algae growth and figure it must be because of the lighting since all our other parameters are good.

Thanks!

-- Lovealien
So I’m new at it all , I have the same lights ,I see you been doing this for some time, how did you set the schedule now and I’m sure it’s working for you. Are you able to show your schedule like you have below ? Thank you

Who me?

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running a single reefled 50 over a waterbox 20.

Blue maxes at 45%, white at 9%. I'm also running the moonlight during the entire light cycle at 50% as it adds a nice actinic / pop to the corals.

Last edited:

hdmike444

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using the 160’s on my 300 xl, I got them at an amazing price
This is where I’m running them. Anyone have any thoughts? I’m also thinking of ending the blue a little sooner but running it higher during the day. I’m looking to get more white light at night for viewing when we view it most

Attachments

• C5BED315-4E73-4F79-8EC2-A75E215BD28F.jpeg
    C5BED315-4E73-4F79-8EC2-A75E215BD28F.jpeg
    70.2 KB · Views: 82

williamCreery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the sauce. I’ve been using Red Sea 50 LED for over 3 years!

Blue : tops off at 65% max (any higher will definitely bleach your SPS or even LPS)

White: 25% you can fluctuate and go higher (but I personally wouldn’t go any higher due to seeing more hair algae and bubble algae appearing)

And moon max 6% through the whole day till 0% at the end of the day.

If you are lookin to schedule a mixed reef with excellent growth with these lights. I’m here to solve your questions.
People underestimate these lights and they are more powerful than you think. I’ve lost a couple of expensive corals do to my fault of blowing 80% blue and 90% whites like an idiot. Don’t make my same mistakes.

Here is my schedule whether you take it or not.
I would say if you want my schedule please please use the acclimating setting and put

Days: 30 (equivalent to a month)
Intensity: 10%

IMG_1327.png

ENJOY!

ss30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you place ur SPS and LPS?
Mine are about 6” from the surface of the water. Whites at 10% hardly get fast growth?
I have a 425xl with two led 90s the SPS are mid to high on on side and the LPS are mid to low on the other side

williamCreery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 425xl with two led 90s the SPS are mid to high on on side and the LPS are mid to low on the other side
Sweet! That Makes sense. Mine are about 5-6 inches from the top. (I want the table affect to later place them lower later having that great show piece look )

MacieKnis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

Current schedule:

IMG_2377.PNG

Thanks!

-- Lovealien
Hi. I was wondering how this light schedule has been working for you and if it’s been ideal for corals? Thanks!

williamCreery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mixed reef tank, from SPS, LPS, GSP, Soft corals clams, you name it all. Over the 4 years very.
I have a heavy load of SPS and LPS and big toadstool on the sand bed in one of my tanks in a Red Sea Max Nano that is over 2 years and I’ve had to trim back heavily. And my other tanks like my 225 have taken a bit longer. I will start off with this since 45G is near close to 25g instead of 225G as well as different corals you have.
All in all this spectrum for my 25G has proven gold growth for me.

MacieKnis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

Current schedule:

IMG_2377.PNG

Thanks!

-- Lovealien
I have the reef sea LED 90 and I’m trying to find a good schedule. How has this worked out for you? Have you found something to work better? Just curious if you’ve found success with it!

Jjay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to continue this conversation! After ~9months of owning 3 160s, I also believe these bad boys are POWERFUL! I notice considerable negative effects on my corals once I cross the 65% blue threshold.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back