Share your RedSea ReefLED Lighting Schedule/Program (Reefbeat App)

YorkieDan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have just got a Red Sea 50 for my tank. I was just wondering which Settings everyone ran their custom settings at. Are you all using the 23K setting and then just adapting them to suit your own or are they all different?

Also how can you run 15k in the morning and 23k in the afternoon? Is there a way of changing this?

thanks

AndCoy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have just got a Red Sea 50 for my tank. I was just wondering which Settings everyone ran their custom settings at. Are you all using the 23K setting and then just adapting them to suit your own or are they all different?

Also how can you run 15k in the morning and 23k in the afternoon? Is there a way of changing this?

thanks
You can just use the 15k preset, then edit the white channel to start ramping down earlier than the blues. Use the preview and get it where you want it.

Cryptocaryon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

thanks
Its the blend between the blue and white channels that alter kelvin.

YorkieDan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies, I’ve made a custom program for the tank. I’ve tried to optimise the blues for growth during the day and bring up the whites in the afternoon for when I return from work.

46C02217-53F9-452A-A278-D9FEA2987836.png

PacificaDogFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know how to manually turn the lights on and off?
I am used to the reefbreaders lights that have 6 channels, and shortcuts for cloudy sunny, etc...

Very frustrating that all these do is literally run a program and that’s it.

Seadoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know how to manually turn the lights on and off?
I am used to the reefbreaders lights that have 6 channels, and shortcuts for cloudy sunny, etc...

Very frustrating that all these do is literally run a program and that’s it.
There is a way to run them manually for up to an hour at a time. After you select the lights go to the 3 dots on the upper right and select Manual. You can then change the percentage of the 2 channels (and moonlight). They will revert to the program if you go back to that page or you can set a timer for then to run for up to 60 minutes. Hope this helps.

Anubisxii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having great coral growth with this schedule. I have a led 50 on a 20 gal aio with about 15 corals. Upgrading to a 40g breeder and going to grab a 2nd one. I know some people had issues with these but I've had mine for 3 months and rock solid so far.

Screenshot_20200914-004411.png

BonelessEvil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to have algae issues, ever since I gave up my algae scrubber and my refugium crashes Often (Could be an inability to tumble the chaeto?). As for my lights, this is my normal setting (image 1), but I've been experimenting with doing less white, to slow the growth of algae. Not really sure if that's a good idea or not, so opinions are welcome. :)

TANK: Red Sea reefer 425 XL deluxe (88 gallon)
LIGHTS: Red Sea LED 90 x2
CORALS: mostly SPS
Image #1
1601927688908.png

Image#2
1601927850956.png

Anubisxii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I upgraded to a 40 breeder and picked up another 50 led same schedule as my last post so now I have 2 and the tank is running great mixed reef with sps lps and lots of torches / hammers.

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
At the moment I run my blues at 90% with two 90s on my Reefer 350. Trying to ramp them up slowly to 100%. For the whites I start them at 23k/10%, ramp them up to 30% at midday and then back down to 10% by evening. I could never decide if I liked 23k or a bit whiter so I decided to ramp the whites up so I get both.

Adam Newsome

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a newbie here with saltwater. I just purchased the 90 for my 55. I will be getting a second one. But im not ready to put stuff in the tank just yet. But im in the cycling phase. My end goal is to turn this tank in a seahorse tank for my wife in our bedroom. Does anyone have any recommendations on setting for them. Or point me in a direction to start.

I want to be able see them but not to bright. The tank will have as much life as possible. I hate fake stuff, but know I may need to put some hitching post of some sort.

Juniorh2r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a newbie here with saltwater. I just purchased the 90 for my 55. I will be getting a second one. But im not ready to put stuff in the tank just yet. But im in the cycling phase. My end goal is to turn this tank in a seahorse tank for my wife in our bedroom. Does anyone have any recommendations on setting for them. Or point me in a direction to start.

I want to be able see them but not to bright. The tank will have as much life as possible. I hate fake stuff, but know I may need to put some hitching post of some sort.
If its going to be a seahorse tank one light is enough for a 5

Juniorh2r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*55 gallon. And are you planning to add corals too? By the way welcome to reef to reef.

Juniorh2r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well they have pre installed apps in there you select the one for lps which would probably be the no so strong.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back