shark guy from eastern NC

Krj-2501

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. there everyone. While I am new to R2R, I am not new to saltwater aquarium forums in general.

I have been around several of them including MFK, Reef Central, & Shark & Ray Central (as one of the mods), for the past 15 years. My general interest saltwater tanks, ponds and sharks dates back my high school days (over 30 years ago).

I have 14 years experience(and counting) as a mod of Shark & Ray Central - I have learned a lot about keeping sharks in Home aquaria, and talked with people who have worked at public aquariums. While the swimming sharks(such as Leopard, WTR, BTR, Bonnetheads, & Lemons) which we see in public aquariums are always fascinating to watch, learn about. It is actually the smaller benthic species which I find most interesting, at the present time. As I have always felt that captive breeding of the benthic sharks is key to help maintain them for future of our hobby.

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Owning a shark sounds cool - like a childhood dream come to life. Glad some get to live it!

B00iZeb.jpg

OP
OP
Krj-2501

Krj-2501

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Don’t hate me but 29 years ago I had a baby leopard. He jumped out after 2.5 weeks.

Definitely not hating , here. Back 25-30 years, shark husbandry in home aquaria was pretty much very basic compared to today .

Plus I lost my first stingray (atlantic stingray pup sold as a fw stingray) due to a stupid mistake on my part.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the fishy family! That is one of the most interesting bios I've read in a bit. Sharks are not the first thing that come to mind in home aquaria but very cool. I'd LOVE a ray but that would be one really big tank. We're glad you are hear.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 116 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back