OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So during a Florida trip I made a surprise stop at WWC! Bought some nice corals down there, which should hopefully arrive this Friday. They even helped me ID and find replacements for most of the colonies I lost during the crash. If anyone else finds themselves in Orlando, it’s definitely worth a visit! They had some amazing frags and killer prices!!

OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1119.jpeg
IMG_1120.jpeg
IMG_1121.jpeg
IMG_1122.jpeg
IMG_1123.jpeg

The new arrivals from WWC!

08TRDOFFROAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course…
As soon as I put my corals onto the rockwork, the anemone decides to move in!
IMG_1197.jpeg
That is how it always seems to go! I love nems, but this is why I am seriously debating if I will add one to my 60 cube. I might just set up a nano in my bedroom to dedicate to a Chicago or Colorado Sunburst and let them have the entire tank.

OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the positive side, it doesn't seem to be bothered too much by them. But, I would definitely be proactive and get it dipped asap.
Yeah. I already dipped all the euphyllia and it seems as though those two were the only ones in the tank. Hopefully I won’t be seeing any other ones.

OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bulked up my cleanup crew with a Reef Cleaners order. Among them are three peppermint shrimp (to deal with some developing aiptasia), a pitho crab, two tiger conchs, a porcelain crab, and some hermits and snails. Already seeing a significant impact on the algae!
My largest hermit is trying to figure out how to turn a conch into his new shell. Hopefully he won’t succeed.
IMG_1330.jpeg

IMG_1329.jpeg

OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got hold of some new tuxedo urchins at the lfs! They’re much smaller than my previous ones, but that should allow them to squeeze into some hard-to-reach places! I also picked up some zoas, as well as two new fish: an African flameback angelfish and a pink spotted watchman goby!
Also got some nice and porous rocks for mounting my new frags, as not having a deep sandbed means I can’t just stick them into the substrate anymore! The rocks are currently soaking in water to leach out anything harmful, and they’ll go into the tank later this week.
Happy Easter, everyone!
IMG_1350.jpeg
IMG_1354.jpeg
IMG_1355.jpeg
IMG_1349.jpeg

08TRDOFFROAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got hold of some new tuxedo urchins at the lfs! They’re much smaller than my previous ones, but that should allow them to squeeze into some hard-to-reach places! I also picked up some zoas, as well as two new fish: an African flameback angelfish and a pink spotted watchman goby!
Also got some nice and porous rocks for mounting my new frags, as not having a deep sandbed means I can’t just stick them into the substrate anymore! The rocks are currently soaking in water to leach out anything harmful, and they’ll go into the tank later this week.
Happy Easter, everyone!
IMG_1350.jpeg
IMG_1354.jpeg
IMG_1355.jpeg
IMG_1349.jpeg
Interested to see how it goes with the flameback...considering adding one to my tank as well!

OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the addition of some new rocks, I’ve also decided to move almost every soft coral to the right side of the tank. I also had to scrape a lot of the invasive palys off of my LPS and SPS rocks. One squirted at my face, and although I immediately washed it and had eye protection, I’ll definitely be very paranoid over the next day or so.
One of the new conchs died. Maybe it was poor acclimation, or perhaps there’s something off about the tank at the moment that wasn’t too ideal for inverts.
Before:
IMG_1403.jpeg

After:
IMG_1408.jpeg

08TRDOFFROAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the addition of some new rocks, I’ve also decided to move almost every soft coral to the right side of the tank. I also had to scrape a lot of the invasive palys off of my LPS and SPS rocks. One squirted at my face, and although I immediately washed it and had eye protection, I’ll definitely be very paranoid over the next day or so.
One of the new conchs died. Maybe it was poor acclimation, or perhaps there’s something off about the tank at the moment that wasn’t too ideal for inverts.
Before:
IMG_1403.jpeg

After:
IMG_1408.jpeg
How is the Flameback working out so far?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back