Assuming the Neptune one is reliable it’s far better, infact the design and integration with Apex is non comparable. The fact it’s got 2 optical sensors, but then a float switch final shut off in the event of complete failure and of course you get alerts and can also manually turn off the pump via Apex.Good catch with the ATO Shaun, the Neptune one seems to be better for what you are saying. I think the S-650 is telling you not to forget him for his bigger brother.
I know. I learned a while ago not to skip weekly tests to avoid issues Simon.Nice catch.
Thank you very much, that’s a wonderful compliment!Of course! This one definitely deserves some recognition. This has to be my favorite build I have come across on R2R. I bet a LOT of time went into planning this. And yea, I better! Before someone sees! Hahahaha!
That's is a sweet prefab product right there!Now this may be made by Neptune, but it’s not a part from a Trident submarine or the USS Alabama or anything like that.
It’s the plumbing required to install a 2 inch Neptune Apex flow sensor into 32mm pipe work. It’s about 18 inches long including the union and ball valve connectors to make it easy to remove if needed.
Thank you, there are ‘a few’ pictures on here from time to time! LolIt’s taking me long to catch up with your build, page 50-something so far ... just taking time while appreciating the photos
Tagging along as well and looking to get a couple of ideas for my build as you are running way ahead of me, exciting!!!!
I’m sort of waiting a little with the S650 for when I go back to water changes. I haven’t done one for 6 months not on purpose, but just because I left it a month and all was good, then another month...... infact is doesn’t look any different. I am adding trace elements etc.And finally managed to catch up, took me a few days hahaha ... and the gear you just got
Indeed we are at a similar stage although my build is going to take quite longer as I need to get the actual construction first which is going to take several months :/
Reading your posts and your experience with the amount of dosing you are doing to keep alkalinity, nitrates and phosphates in check ... I had the same issue for a couple of years, I was dosing almost 300ml daily of carbonates and a whole bunch of phosphate and nitrate removers which was costing money but more than anything, annoying to refill constantly ... long story short, I gave Triton method a try and went down to 40ml daily which allows me to run for 3 months without having to refill anything, also managed to get my Nitrates from 20-30 down to 5, and my phosphates from 0.2 to 0.05-0.1 by natural means (no additional chemicals).
Anyway just sharing my experience ... looking forward for the next updates