Sherril's tank

Sherril

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. This is my tank as it is currently. I have had it for about 18 months. Over that time I have lost a few corals due to water quality and lighting issues. I have just bought it a Pop Bloom Turing 75 light for it. The presets on it are way too bright. I have manually set it and hopefully have it right, or better than it was.
It has a variety of coral types, 1 clown fish, 1 blenny, 2 star fish and a couple of snail critters.
This week I am hoping to add another cat in the bottom right of the tank and another clown fish. I will probably come home with a few more corals as well. It is the advantage/disadvantage of having a son in law who works in the coral industry. It makes filling a tank so much cheaper. :D

1661215542528.png

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. This is my tank as it is currently. I have had it for about 18 months. Over that time I have lost a few corals due to water quality and lighting issues. I have just bought it a Pop Bloom Turing 75 light for it. The presets on it are way too bright. I have manually set it and hopefully have it right, or better than it was.
It has a variety of coral types, 1 clown fish, 1 blenny, 2 star fish and a couple of snail critters.
This week I am hoping to add another cat in the bottom right of the tank and another clown fish. I will probably come home with a few more corals as well. It is the advantage/disadvantage of having a son in law who works in the coral industry. It makes filling a tank so much cheaper. :D

1661215542528.png
Beautiful tank. Looks great. you already have a LOT of large corals, do you need more? A few more fish would be great in my opinion.

OP
OP
Sherril

Sherril

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank. Looks great. you already have a LOT of large corals, do you need more? A few more fish would be great in my opinion.
Thank you. I think a cat in the bottom corner will fill that area nicely. Any other corals will only be small ones. There is still a back wall that could use some live rock and corals.
I am cautious about adding fish. They are very pricey so being added one by one to see how they go before I spend more money.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I think a cat in the bottom corner will fill that area nicely. Any other corals will only be small ones. There is still a back wall that could use some live rock and corals.
I am cautious about adding fish. They are very pricey so being added one by one to see how they go before I spend more money.

We all have our ideas of our systems :) Personally I love the fish, and the corals are background. I don't know if I could ever have a system with enough fish for my taste.. lol

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 44 47.3%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 22 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.5%
Back