Sherril's tank

Sherril

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 20, 2022
Messages
7
Reaction score
39
Location
australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. This is my tank as it is currently. I have had it for about 18 months. Over that time I have lost a few corals due to water quality and lighting issues. I have just bought it a Pop Bloom Turing 75 light for it. The presets on it are way too bright. I have manually set it and hopefully have it right, or better than it was.
It has a variety of coral types, 1 clown fish, 1 blenny, 2 star fish and a couple of snail critters.
This week I am hoping to add another cat in the bottom right of the tank and another clown fish. I will probably come home with a few more corals as well. It is the advantage/disadvantage of having a son in law who works in the coral industry. It makes filling a tank so much cheaper. :D



1661215542528.png
 
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. This is my tank as it is currently. I have had it for about 18 months. Over that time I have lost a few corals due to water quality and lighting issues. I have just bought it a Pop Bloom Turing 75 light for it. The presets on it are way too bright. I have manually set it and hopefully have it right, or better than it was.
It has a variety of coral types, 1 clown fish, 1 blenny, 2 star fish and a couple of snail critters.
This week I am hoping to add another cat in the bottom right of the tank and another clown fish. I will probably come home with a few more corals as well. It is the advantage/disadvantage of having a son in law who works in the coral industry. It makes filling a tank so much cheaper. :D



1661215542528.png
Beautiful tank. Looks great. you already have a LOT of large corals, do you need more? A few more fish would be great in my opinion.
 
Beautiful tank. Looks great. you already have a LOT of large corals, do you need more? A few more fish would be great in my opinion.
Thank you. I think a cat in the bottom corner will fill that area nicely. Any other corals will only be small ones. There is still a back wall that could use some live rock and corals.
I am cautious about adding fish. They are very pricey so being added one by one to see how they go before I spend more money.
 
Thank you. I think a cat in the bottom corner will fill that area nicely. Any other corals will only be small ones. There is still a back wall that could use some live rock and corals.
I am cautious about adding fish. They are very pricey so being added one by one to see how they go before I spend more money.

We all have our ideas of our systems :) Personally I love the fish, and the corals are background. I don't know if I could ever have a system with enough fish for my taste.. lol
 
Nice !!! :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:
Having a relative in the industry is a bonus !!!
 
Last edited:
Looking good!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new