shih87 reef

Hi Joseph
do you still use the KHG just for monitoring?
Alkalinity is kept around 7 right?
 
Hi Joseph
do you still use the KHG just for monitoring?
Alkalinity is kept around 7 right?

I use KHG only for monitoring but not correction. My KH drop to 6.5 in one day when I tried to let Siri "talk" to Apex, but Siri accidentally turn off my dosing pump.

That tell us don't use running tank to develop something new. Haha...
 
Last edited:
We need a tank update!
 
Haha... will try my best to come out one soon. Was tighten by my new article for Siri+Apex guide
 
Haha... will try my best to come out one soon. Was tighten by my new article for Siri+Apex guide

I would love to see how you managed to get that all working.
 
Looking great Joseph.
I never realized you had such a collection of urchins.

I have one and hate him as he knocks over and moves all frags all the time.
 
Sorry for late reply....There you go...



fantastic reef. are the videos shot with an orange lens? The layout of the corals and their color is wonderful. can I ask you some questions? currently which lighting do you use? aty hybrid + 2 kessil ap700 or other?
what neon do you use?
what are the neon settings, the LEDs on your ati hybrid and the LEDs on your kessils?
what is the distance between the light and the water surface?
sorry for the thousand questions but your reef is really spectacular and I'd like to know more about it.
 
Amazing looking tank and support of SPS !!!!
 
Looking great Joseph.
I never realized you had such a collection of urchins.

I have one and hate him as he knocks over and moves all frags all the time.

I love them to clean my algae plus a good QA of my glue frag work ;)
 
fantastic reef. are the videos shot with an orange lens? The layout of the corals and their color is wonderful. can I ask you some questions? currently which lighting do you use? aty hybrid + 2 kessil ap700 or other?
what neon do you use?
what are the neon settings, the LEDs on your ati hybrid and the LEDs on your kessils?
what is the distance between the light and the water surface?
sorry for the thousand questions but your reef is really spectacular and I'd like to know more about it.


Yes, I use DIY orange filter but may move to B+W color lens soon. My ATI hybrid LED is most white and purple, but Kessil AP700 is set at ocean blue (i guess).
 
Hello all,

My tank picture and video. Please comments...



20556568133_50d030732c_o.jpg


Very Nice!!!, congrats :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new