Shining's Deep Blue 24x24x24 RR

shining12

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 15, 2013
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Location
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started this build not too long ago.
I love cubes! :tongue:

1110_zps9d96ee4c.jpg
 
Now this is a 60 gallon, right?

equipment specs, livestock list, pix of sump, equipment and plumbing?
Yes, it's a 60 "DeepBlue". Running Reef Breeders Nova A4 leds.
It's more mixed reef. Here is a pic of my 55 gal sump I just set up in the basement. (need to add more rubble to fuge). I was running a 20 gal under the stand but it's too cramping for me :)

sump_zpsdf9e132a.jpg
[/IMG]

Some livestock pics: (some of these corals are my son's I'm holding for him while he finishes his build).

11100_zps89f6e13e.jpg
[/IMG]

My Spotted Mandarin. Loves pellets and flake food...weird! That's fine with me.

111001_zpsd29df750.jpg
[/IMG]
 
I built the stand:

frame_zps09e40f86.jpg


stand_zpsb392e11e.jpg


stand1_zpsca52e412.jpg


stand2_zpse83ed2ca.jpg


My DIY version of light hanger in the works:

lightbracket_zps1ea5ac9d.jpg


Right side. Velcro this panel for easy access.

st2_zps6590a52d.jpg


st1_zpsb9966951.jpg


Some ebony wood filler.

st3_zps71f297e9.jpg


I used Minwax Polyshades. I was looking for black as a stain instead of using paint.

stain_zpscb8df8ef.jpg
 
Updated: Quick video:
[video=youtube;PEKekIAAFuA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?google_view_type=&v=PEKekIAAFuA&google_comme nt_id=z13uflmzitbxjvjbe04cg1qizr2pxz2owxg0k&app=de sktop[/video]
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 9.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new