Shipments delayed today???

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So did anyone else have a coral (UPS)shipment delayed today due to a(bogus) severe weather delay in KY?? Hoping my corals make it ok tomorrow but was pretty upset when I looked at the radar/weather for that area this morning as it didn't look like anything that would cause more than a 1 or 2 hour delay... I heard from a reliable source that it was more about equipment issues than weather. My guess is they are not liable due to weather but might be due to equipment failure so weather would be a money saving excuse???. I really don't like being lied to if that's the case :(

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So did anyone else have a coral (UPS)shipment delayed today due to a(bogus) severe weather delay in KY?? Hoping my corals make it ok tomorrow but was pretty upset when I looked at the radar/weather for that area this morning as it didn't look like anything that would cause more than a 1 or 2 hour delay... I heard from a reliable source that it was more about equipment issues than weather. My guess is they are not liable due to weather but might be due to equipment failure so weather would be a money saving excuse???. I really don't like being lied to if that's the case :(
If it helps any, the place I work at didnt get any of our overnight shipments either and we were told the same thing.

Dom274

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

When you say Kentucky, I am assuming you mean northern Kentucky, and in that case, yeah there was actually a pretty nasty storm the rolled through yesterday evening. Knocked out power for some, my area had power flickers for several hours.

OP
OP
dougers31

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say Kentucky, I am assuming you mean northern Kentucky, and in that case, yeah there was actually a pretty nasty storm the rolled through yesterday evening. Knocked out power for some, my area had power flickers for several hours.
My shipment got to Louisville at 3:20 am friday and sat there till about 2am saturday morning. Generally one thunderstorm should not delay a shipment 24 hours. They tried to delay it till Monday according to the retailer which is ridiculous IMO since we pay extra to have it O.nighted and delivered by 10:30 am. Just glad everything looks ok so far.

Last edited:

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for Your delay, I worked for ups for over 30 years. Ups fly's all next day deliveries to a central hub in Knoxville . They usually run 3 sorts a day. They go for 3 to 4 hours every 24 hours. during this 3 hour sort they send all in coming & out going packages to their prospective directions. If a plane is late due to weather, They won't keep all these employees hanging around waiting . That costs "lots" of money. Your package will get sorted & sent the next shift/sort. Then it has to be at Your local hub in time for the "morning"sort, so it ends up in the truck for your area. So if your package isn't where it needs to be in the morning ,you have to wait till the next day. They use an"act of God" clause in their guarantees . I'm not a UPS spokesman just what I learned while with the company.

Servillius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I am sitting outside my front door. I’m not waiting for my package, but it’s quite a shock to hear it was undeliverable when they never even drove by.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weather Friday in Louisville was fine. Thursday afternoon we had leftovers from hurricane Alberto come through, but didn't shut the city down or anything. UPS and FedEx both use the weather delays excuse very often. Doesn't mean that wasn't a valid excuse this time? I have no idea?

Anyways glad the corals came in and are doing well so far! Hope they are no worse for the wear. Nice thing is it wasn't ridiculously hot here the past couple days.

OP
OP
dougers31

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weather Friday in Louisville was fine. Thursday afternoon we had leftovers from hurricane Alberto come through, but didn't shut the city down or anything. UPS and FedEx both use the weather delays excuse very often. Doesn't mean that wasn't a valid excuse this time? I have no idea?

Anyways glad the corals came in and are doing well so far! Hope they are no worse for the wear. Nice thing is it wasn't ridiculously hot here the past couple days.
Amen to that! Was checking the temps several times in that area and hoping that the box was in a climate-controlled building either way :)

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad your corals were ok !

Last edited:

easternreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the storms that came through my area and were headed north to Kentucky were brutal. inch or more of rain in less than 20 minutes.. Very high winds. picked up a canopy we have in our yard 10 feet off the ground . very circular and sustained for about an hour. These weren't just a little thunderstorm.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 21 42.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 20 40.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.0%
Back