Shipping Advice Please

Stellar Aquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 23, 2020
Messages
73
Reaction score
62
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I made my first online sale (ebay), 4 zoa frags from PA to FL. Buyer preference is FedEx. Ship Monday to arrive Tuesday.

Question is I did a quote on FedEx website and it's saying $120 shipping? For a 2lb box 6x6x6. The 2 later delivery times below it are over 100 as well.. Did I do something wrong? I'd basically be giving the items away. Thank you!
Screenshot_20210718-174836_Chrome.jpg
 
I bet if you drop it off at the depot location it would be a heck of a lot cheaper than having a pickup.
 
fedex is quite expensive without a corporate or business discount of some sort. USPS seems to be more reasonable. If you must do fedex, 2 day is the sweet spot IME.
 
So I made my first online sale (ebay), 4 zoa frags from PA to FL. Buyer preference is FedEx. Ship Monday to arrive Tuesday.

Question is I did a quote on FedEx website and it's saying $120 shipping? For a 2lb box 6x6x6. The 2 later delivery times below it are over 100 as well.. Did I do something wrong? I'd basically be giving the items away. Thank you!
Screenshot_20210718-174836_Chrome.jpg
See your pm
 
I have done. Lot of research on shipping and all I can say is what works for us in the end. If doing FedEx Finiship is the way to go. I was able once my volume went up to secure a UPS account with a flat rate for packages under 50lb and set up a additional insurance policy which covers live stock. (Yes you read correctly) covers live stock. So if a package is late or lost or mishandled. (Driver has soccer practice) and items are dead it’s insured. It cost a little extra but worth it and you can choose which packages have or do not have and which amount. Also practice and ask ? On packaging. The way I package now compared to 3 years ago is 100% different. I can honestly say nothing is ever DOA due to our fault now so dry seldom are we replacing. If you want some quick advice brown paper is your best friend and a solid cooler may be 3-5$ more but is 100% better than a kit. Just my 2 cents
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new