Shipping Advice Please

Stellar Aquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I made my first online sale (ebay), 4 zoa frags from PA to FL. Buyer preference is FedEx. Ship Monday to arrive Tuesday.

Question is I did a quote on FedEx website and it's saying $120 shipping? For a 2lb box 6x6x6. The 2 later delivery times below it are over 100 as well.. Did I do something wrong? I'd basically be giving the items away. Thank you!
Screenshot_20210718-174836_Chrome.jpg

lumpadelic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet if you drop it off at the depot location it would be a heck of a lot cheaper than having a pickup.

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fedex is quite expensive without a corporate or business discount of some sort. USPS seems to be more reasonable. If you must do fedex, 2 day is the sweet spot IME.

FragFarm

Frag Farm
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I made my first online sale (ebay), 4 zoa frags from PA to FL. Buyer preference is FedEx. Ship Monday to arrive Tuesday.

Question is I did a quote on FedEx website and it's saying $120 shipping? For a 2lb box 6x6x6. The 2 later delivery times below it are over 100 as well.. Did I do something wrong? I'd basically be giving the items away. Thank you!
Screenshot_20210718-174836_Chrome.jpg
See your pm

FragFarm

Frag Farm
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done. Lot of research on shipping and all I can say is what works for us in the end. If doing FedEx Finiship is the way to go. I was able once my volume went up to secure a UPS account with a flat rate for packages under 50lb and set up a additional insurance policy which covers live stock. (Yes you read correctly) covers live stock. So if a package is late or lost or mishandled. (Driver has soccer practice) and items are dead it’s insured. It cost a little extra but worth it and you can choose which packages have or do not have and which amount. Also practice and ask ? On packaging. The way I package now compared to 3 years ago is 100% different. I can honestly say nothing is ever DOA due to our fault now so dry seldom are we replacing. If you want some quick advice brown paper is your best friend and a solid cooler may be 3-5$ more but is 100% better than a kit. Just my 2 cents

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back