Shipping Berghia

DMathys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im up in Norcal and have been breeding Berghia. I can usually sell locally without any problems but its to the point where I need to look at shipping to get rid of the numbers Im producing. For those that have either shipped or received Berghia, anything unique about packing, shipping, etc? I would assume its very similar to shipping live corals, which is why I posted here but wanted to ask before I commit to the process.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im up in Norcal and have been breeding Berghia. I can usually sell locally without any problems but its to the point where I need to look at shipping to get rid of the numbers Im producing. For those that have either shipped or received Berghia, anything unique about packing, shipping, etc? I would assume its very similar to shipping live corals, which is why I posted here but wanted to ask before I commit to the process.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I got a batch of them shipped a while back... They were packaged exactly as corals would be...

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Curious, were they in specimen cups? How much water/air and how many in a container?

Yes. They came in a standard specimen cup. I ordered 13. They all came in 1 cup. If I recall correctly, I believe it was mostly water, not much air. Maybe 90/10? Seller also included a pipette for easy transfer from cup to tank.

OP
OP
DMathys

DMathys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. They came in a standard specimen cup. I ordered 13. They all came in 1 cup. If I recall correctly, I believe it was mostly water, not much air. Maybe 90/10? Seller also included a pipette for easy transfer from cup to tank.

Awesome, thanks again.

RedoubtReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ones I ordered a couple weeks ago were in a small specimen cup. The box they were shipped in had a small ice pack placed in it. It was thawed when I got it but still cool..

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 21 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 92 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.9%
Back