Shipping Berghia

  • Thread starter Thread starter DMathys
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DMathys

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 11, 2020
Messages
28
Reaction score
34
Location
Rancho Cordova
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im up in Norcal and have been breeding Berghia. I can usually sell locally without any problems but its to the point where I need to look at shipping to get rid of the numbers Im producing. For those that have either shipped or received Berghia, anything unique about packing, shipping, etc? I would assume its very similar to shipping live corals, which is why I posted here but wanted to ask before I commit to the process.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
 
Im up in Norcal and have been breeding Berghia. I can usually sell locally without any problems but its to the point where I need to look at shipping to get rid of the numbers Im producing. For those that have either shipped or received Berghia, anything unique about packing, shipping, etc? I would assume its very similar to shipping live corals, which is why I posted here but wanted to ask before I commit to the process.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I got a batch of them shipped a while back... They were packaged exactly as corals would be...
 
Thank you. Curious, were they in specimen cups? How much water/air and how many in a container?

Yes. They came in a standard specimen cup. I ordered 13. They all came in 1 cup. If I recall correctly, I believe it was mostly water, not much air. Maybe 90/10? Seller also included a pipette for easy transfer from cup to tank.
 
Yes. They came in a standard specimen cup. I ordered 13. They all came in 1 cup. If I recall correctly, I believe it was mostly water, not much air. Maybe 90/10? Seller also included a pipette for easy transfer from cup to tank.

Awesome, thanks again.
 
The ones I ordered a couple weeks ago were in a small specimen cup. The box they were shipped in had a small ice pack placed in it. It was thawed when I got it but still cool..
 
What do you have available to ship and how much to 92584
Thanks
Eric
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new