Shipping, Cups or bags?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aaron75
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Specimen cups or Sealed bags?

  • Specimen cups

  • Heat Sealed Bags

  • Other


Results are only viewable after voting.
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

Aaron75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2019
Messages
1,470
Reaction score
1,202
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Looking into potentially shipping corals. This is my first time really shipping anything but I want to make sure I do it right and to the best of my abilities. This will be nothing crazy, just some zoas. As a potential buyer, would you rather see corals arrive in specimen cups or heat sealed bags.
 
I'm a fan of how Adam at Battlecorals ships his frags (others may as well). I'm not sure what they're called, but they sort of look like disposable shot glasses. The frag plug pushes through a hole in the bottom and the cup protects the frag from bouncing around. It's then heat sealed into a bag that gets heat sealed into another bag.
 
I'm a fan of how Adam at Battlecorals ships his frags (others may as well). I'm not sure what they're called, but they sort of look like disposable shot glasses. The frag plug pushes through a hole in the bottom and the cup protects the frag from bouncing around. It's then heat sealed into a bag that gets heat sealed into another bag.
This is pretty much what I was going to do.
 
Just put a lot of like cushion like I mean bags around the cup in the box and it should be fine if it can't move
 
TSA had their corals shipped in bags of water, but each individual frag was put into a plastic sauce cup. It helped the frags from being stabilized.
 
TSA had their corals shipped in bags of water, but each individual frag was put into a plastic sauce cup. It helped the frags from being stabilized.
Yep, pretty much what I'm planning. But I also want to active that warm tingly feeling when you open the coral. Just curious if anyone sees a specimen cup and is like wow, i prefer this seller.
 
Plastic cheaper and as durable for shipping
 
I always like the cups to securely contain the frags but I always worry about water condition through travel since it’s so much smaller than a bag. I’ve never had any issue with bagged corals with a cup to protect them and am satisfied with that method.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new