Shipping Delay Survival?

Will the fish survive four days in transit?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 100.0%

• Total voters

BigHildy53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Mystery Wrasse and a coral shipped from LADD Friday, headed to Richmond, VA. Unfortunately UPS had a "mechanical failure" and the package has been delayed in Milwaukee, WI. The new delivery date is Tuesday 01/02. So that's four days in transit. What are your thoughts regarding survival possibility?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prepare for the worst; hope for the best. Most of those warm packs they ship the fish with only stay warm for a bit over 24 hrs.

jdl513

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate to say it but a fish or coral surviving that much time in transit would be nothing short of miraculous. Did you contact LA to start a claim?

kalare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had fish survive 2 day shipping due to UPS/FEDEX error, but at 4 days I would prepare for the worst.

LADD should take care of you with no questions asked. I'd call them now if you haven't already so that they are aware of the situation.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This time of year with below freezing temperatures any delay is worrisome. I'm afraid 4 days nothing will survive. Sorry this happened

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had 1/5 fish I shipped survive an error it was nearly 3 days. But it was warmer climate and in large bags...

Unfortunately I think your wrasse is doomed :(

Sorry!

Tallison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPS is straight trash. They delivered 2 packages of mine to an entirely different city and their overnight policy is terrible. Fed ex is the only thing I trust with livestock

OP
OP
BigHildy53

BigHildy53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've called LADD to let them know of the problem. I'm confident they will properly handle the situation. They have already refunded the extra $15 I paid for the Saturday delivery. I feel bad for the livestock.

OP
OP
BigHildy53

BigHildy53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The package is still in Wisconsin! LADD is refunding the order. If the package makes it to me I will test the temp and ammonia.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The package is still in Wisconsin! LADD is refunding the order. If the package makes it to me I will test the temp and ammonia.

Yikes! I'm sure it will be fairly close to freezing. Glad they refunded the purchase, really sorry it happened though

787will

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lesson learned here; don’t order before a holiday! Also why I don’t ever choose Saturday delivery. No worth the risk of a delay.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One hint on Sat delivery is to have them hold the package at your local customer service center (for UPS/FedEx) and be there when they open to pick it up. Has worked well for m.

I ordered some Iodine solution to dose from BRS last week. Never occurred to me to think about it freezing. It was a solid block of ice and the bottle was busted when it got to me.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reliable shipping this time of year is hard to come by. Each of my last three shipments (two UPS, one FEDEX) either spent an extra day in transit or had to be recalled by LA. Two days meant losses, four days is unlikely to result in a live arrival. FWIW, in my area, FEDEX is less reliable than UPS.

Back