Shipping fees... Thoughts...

Mark_D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently went to purchase an imitation ghost overflow a few days ago from a seller links to this site.. I am not going to name the business. I used Paypal to purchase it... I got an email after saying "there was a technical glitch and the system did not charge the correct shipping fees". I live in Canada... They said they already add $25 to the cost of the overflow and I would need to add another $25 US to have it shipped to me in Canada. That is a total of $50 US dollars for shipping alone. With the exchange rate, that comes to $65 Canadian dollars SHIPPING for an item that costs $124.99, it is $50 shipping??? The item is small and not heavy at all... How does this make any sense? and why would it be twice the cost for shipping, considering I am 20 minutes away from New York...???

Lemec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Canada is a pain to ship stuff to with all the tariffs and restriction on things that are imported...

OP
OP
Mark_D

Mark_D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Canada is a pain to ship stuff to with all the tariffs and restriction on things that are imported...
Are you speaking from experience? Because I have been shipping stuff cross border for years... The person shipping does not have anything to do with that. The buyer is the one who pays the taxes..thats it. Only if something is made outside of the US there are extra costs involved.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 133 42.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 108 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back