Shipping fees... Thoughts...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mark_D
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mark_D

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2014
Messages
72
Reaction score
43
Location
Ottawa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently went to purchase an imitation ghost overflow a few days ago from a seller links to this site.. I am not going to name the business. I used Paypal to purchase it... I got an email after saying "there was a technical glitch and the system did not charge the correct shipping fees". I live in Canada... They said they already add $25 to the cost of the overflow and I would need to add another $25 US to have it shipped to me in Canada. That is a total of $50 US dollars for shipping alone. With the exchange rate, that comes to $65 Canadian dollars SHIPPING for an item that costs $124.99, it is $50 shipping??? The item is small and not heavy at all... How does this make any sense? and why would it be twice the cost for shipping, considering I am 20 minutes away from New York...???
 
Canada is a pain to ship stuff to with all the tariffs and restriction on things that are imported...
 
Canada is a pain to ship stuff to with all the tariffs and restriction on things that are imported...
Are you speaking from experience? Because I have been shipping stuff cross border for years... The person shipping does not have anything to do with that. The buyer is the one who pays the taxes..thats it. Only if something is made outside of the US there are extra costs involved.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new