Shipping my tank raised clownfish

Octo clownfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to shipping and have only just started getting my feet wet. I was wondering at what tempertures does everyone ship at or not ship at? Nice weather is coming and I have a ton of people that have been asling me to ship. Thank you in advanced.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey octo,

Wondering if you got this question answered yet.

OP
OP
Octo clownfish

Octo clownfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Somehwat... Still unsure as to at what temps to use what and how many pack. Like 40-60 use x amount of xhr heat packs and like wlat what temps to just not ship at all together

OP
OP
Octo clownfish

Octo clownfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also what size boxes... Perhaps it will end up being trial and error. I think Ive pretty got the jist of it. Its mainly the temps and what and how many packs if any to use. I know the packs are oxygen activated and Ive seen some conflicting info about poking 2-4 pencil sized holes in box around pack/packs

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread may be useful. I know it’s corals but as far as temp control and packing, it’s useful.

Shawn.B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when i was shipping Berghia i went till about -15c
i used a box like this https://amzn.to/2I4kxQg, and a 40+ hr heat pack https://amzn.to/2TicTqQ obviously larger boxes would require a second or maybe third pack. i would wrap the heat pack loose in 1 layer of newspaper to avoid direct contact with anything but till allow gas flow and stick it to the lid, spaces were filled with newspaper. i think they most important part is going to be which company you use and how their side of logistics works which is hard to know. you may want to setup a test outside and see how your chosen setup handles the cold over a day, or even better get a cheap temp logger for a few dollars and ship it somewhere. youll be able to recover the max and min temps your package saw

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • None.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.2%

Back