Shipping Speed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

haitian_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered today at 9:46 am and the order shipped at 12:16 pm. Of all online sellers, BRS is the fastest in processing an order on the planet.
Just thought I'd say something since my expectations are exceeded every time I order.
I'm local to them and love that i can get items the same day.

JPM San Diego

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since we're being nice to BRS, I would like to give a big shout out for all of the educational videos they produce.
Their willingness to test concepts, ideas, products, etc. and to share their knowledge is fantastic.
Their willingness to be humble and share their mistakes is refreshing.
It makes me watch their videos even more!

HJ99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here. They also have a return policy that is fantastic. My first order was an external overflow that was on sale. When we decided to order a new reef ready tank, there was no use for it. I was expecting to be eating 20 bucks sending it back like a lot of places. Nope, they emailed me a tag and my mistake only cost 10 dollars. The fella I corresponded with couldn't have been nicer.

Check out their specials too. I just scored an Iwaki pump that was new/open box at a savings of $60. We were going to get a Pan World but an equivalent Iwaki for 30 bucks more was a no brainer for me. And as stated by the OP, we ordered around 2 and just got the email that it's ready for UPS pickup.

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny I ordered something from BRS and Marine Depot on the same day(minutes apart) and got the Marine depot stuff a week before the BRS stuff. BRS charged me tax and Marine Depot didn't. This was months ago a couple of months into covid.

Greenreef75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love BRS and try to order from them all the time and the videos are great. But recently the shipping times have not been so good. I ordered a vossen larval trap and some other stuff because I had some clown eggs hatching and was going to try and raise them. I made the order on 27 dec 2020 and payed extra for the faster shipping and I’m still waiting on it.

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love BRS and try to order from them all the time and the videos are great. But recently the shipping times have not been so good. I ordered a vossen larval trap and some other stuff because I had some clown eggs hatching and was going to try and raise them. I made the order on 27 dec 2020 and payed extra for the faster shipping and I’m still waiting on it.
That ain't nothing. I ordered some fake rocks from AquaRocks that left their post office in North Carolina on December 1st. I got them on December 31st, took 30 days or 1/12th of a year to go 2 states over.

Greenreef75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s just disappointing when you’re expecting it sooner and you pay extra for faster shipping

HJ99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wife shipped a package to her niece weeks before Christmas. PA to Maryland and it's still not there. I checked the tracking and it appears to be one of the many stuck in Warrandale PA. A business could be the best on the planet at processing orders but in the end, they are all at the mercy of the shipping carrier whomever that may be.

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Milwaukee (about a 4 or 5 hour drive from them). I've placed orders as late as 3:00 and still had them show up the following day. I know I'm paying the $4.99 fee for faster shipping that I probably don't need to pay since I'm so close*, but it's pretty nice getting things that quickly.

*I should probably try not paying the additional shipping charge some day. However, with some businesses, paying the higher shipping fee also means they pick the order faster as well. Overnight shipping doesn't make a big difference if it's going to be 3 or 4 days before it's in the mail.
They clearly (at least in my mind) are still rushing to get as many orders picked and ready for shipping, no matter how late they come in, before their UPS pick up time.

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was actually annoyed by this the other day.. I placed an order on 12/27 for a 12/31 delivery (extra shipping cost of $7.99) and it wasn't delivered until yesterday.. might as well have saved in shipping costs.. as it showed up AFTER the non express delivery option..

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was actually annoyed by this the other day.. I placed an order on 12/27 for a 12/31 delivery (extra shipping cost of $7.99) and it wasn't delivered until yesterday.. might as well have saved in shipping costs.. as it showed up AFTER the non express delivery option..
I placed an order on 12/25 that didn't make it into the UPS system until 12/29 (and delivered to me 12/30). I'm assuming they were either closed or running a skeleton crew during the week between Christmas and New Year's.
IME, holidays, especially that specific week, tends to be a lawless 'screw it' week with a lot of places, for which I try not to fault them. For a lot of us it's the closest to down time we have all year and we're going to take advantage of it even if it annoys a handful of customers.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those that are getting late deliveries, is BRS to blame or the courier?

They can only be as fast as the courier allows.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back