Shipping, the Drs. Foster & Smith way...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jckisko
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jckisko

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
27
Reaction score
28
Location
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The IM 30L I ordered from Drs. Foster and Smith arrived today via UPS, albeit in many, many pieces. :mad: Apparently nobody at F&S thought to actually use some type of packing material and protective carton as other online vendors do, shipping it in the original container (note pic).

Anyone else have a similar experience? Given the non-chalant attitude of their returns department, I’m guessing that I’m not the only one.

DDCB8EFF-8ABC-410B-B121-45045D8C10D7.jpeg
 
I have never ordered tanks online for this reason. Other items bought from them were packaged nicely and with bubble wrap. I have my local fish store order my tanks and they get it on a pallet extra protected wrapped really nicely.
 
I think the first issue is the shipping method, UPS is absolute garbage and I refuse to order from anywhere that ships with them lol Thats rather surprising they didn't add in some foam packing at all, not like its breaking the bank or anything....
 
that looks like a drop ship order.. I e. you order through drs and they contact the supplier who ships it out. not likely that drs even saw the tank. hence the attitude. they just file a claim and send another..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new