Shipping??? Use a local reef store to ship.

Jimmyneptune

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to leave the hobby or slow down a great deal. That being said, I have corals that I want to sell but I don't have the equipment or skill set to pack and ship my corals. Has anyone used a LFS to ship their corals? What kind of a payment arrangement for the LFS would be appropriate? I would think paying for their costs, time, and services would be appropriate, but how much.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to leave the hobby or slow down a great deal. That being said, I have corals that I want to sell but I don't have the equipment or skill set to pack and ship my corals. Has anyone used a LFS to ship their corals? What kind of a payment arrangement for the LFS would be appropriate? I would think paying for their costs, time, and services would be appropriate, but how much.
You may be better off selling directly to the store. A lot of them are happy to take in aquacultured livestock.

OP
OP
Jimmyneptune

Jimmyneptune

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may be better off selling directly to the store. A lot of them are happy to take in aquacultured livestock.
I considered that idea. My issue would be with pricing. I have asked the owner of one of my LFS if they would be interested in buying corals and he said no. It is weird he will not buy corals because he always has different used tanks and equipment for sale.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 28 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%

Back