• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Shipwreck Cove, Quick email response...not so much action wise.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Roadkillstewie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Placed a small order for a sale item on Dec 23. I could find no notice on their site of FB page in regards to holds on shipping in regards to the holidays, but presumed it was likely, and like most they would start processing/shipping the week of the 2nd.

Periodically through the week, I'd query the site's chatbot to check the status and get a response stating 'waiting fulfillment'.

Jan 6th, I sent an email querying the status and when they intended to ship.
Later that morning I received a response stating "Hey, Bud, yes, we're looking to get things out this coming week. So I will contact you this coming monday morning and will pick the day for you"

Come Monday the 8th, approx 5pm CST (3pm their time), I had not received any form of contact from them so I sent another email to them noting a that weather forecasts were showing a weather trend leading towards temperatures below what they classify as 'safe' for shipping (Ie: Daytime temps below 45, I actually provided the forecast for the next 10 days). I pointed out 'friday' deliveries being a potential concern in regards to shipping delays and did not think either of us would like to risk the chance of the items having to spend a weekend in the hands of a carrier and asked if they could have the order delivered to me by the 11th.

A few minutes later, I received the following response...
"Sure bud i can do that no problem"

It's now Jan 10th, approx 11:45pm CST and I've received no shipping information or any other communication from them, while their chatbot still reports my order as 'waiting fulfillment'.

Haven't decided how I'll proceed from here, and yes there's the chance they're waiting until morning to send the info....if that turns out to be the case, or the order happens to arrive, I'll update this post/thread.

Reactions: IKD
OP
OP
Roadkillstewie

Roadkillstewie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, long time in coming...

So I reached out on Jan 11th asking what was going on... and received a reply apologizing that they had slipped up and stated they could try to push it out the next day for a Saturday delivery and they'd find something 'cool' to toss in with, they could do the following monday for a tuesday delivery (15th).

I responded they would not work, due to the dropping temps which is why I had requested the jan 11th delivery in the first place. It was agreed to plan to ship on the 22nd for a delivery on the 23rd, provided the weather did not shift...

I reached out on the 20th, that temps look like they were on track for the 22nd/23rd.

The 22nd came and went, no email...etc al.

Early 23rd I email asking simply if they had tracking info or forgot again.
I received a response stating weather events in CA had prevented shipping and communication, but they would ship that day.

At approx 4pm on the 23rd I get an email from UPS with a tracking # originating from
SN CONSOLIDATION of a Weds, nextday air delivery. The SC order is the only thing I've got originating from CA, so figure that's the order... I've received nothing from SC letting me know it's shipped.

1/24, I get up...pull the tracking info and note that for some reason my order was routed from Louisville KY, to Mount Hope Ontario Canada, about an hour later I get a delivery exception notice from USP that it was 'sorted wrong'.

So I send an email to SC/Dan, apologizing for the assumption they had 'forgotten' to ship on monday, and noting with all the issues involving this order that it was starting to seem 'cursed' so to speak and then detailed the error on UPS's part. I stated, that I held no onus on their part in regards to the health/status of the livestock...but would appreciate assistance in obtaining a refund in regards to the shipping, if the order arrives after today (and presuming it does not end up 'lost'.

I then received two responses...

"Unfortunately, there is no refunds. They will not give me any money back for the shipping and we cannot cover anything that UPS loses. This is in our website policy. That's why we try not to ship when the weather is this bad. I'm sorry, bro"

followed shortly by

"Anyway just let me know what happens and will figure something out for you brother"

I'm, a little irked in this... first off, it's become evident that reading comprehension is an issue...and/or someone is not paying attention/checking the correspondence they are responding to. We see this in the exchange in regards to temps related to shipping and then again when I talk about refunding of the shipping fees.

Yes, UPS, USPS, FEDEX has caveats in regards to their shipping times/deliveries etc... weather and the like.

UPS 'Nextday Air' is a guaranteed service, and incorrectly routing a package and thus failing to deliver in on time does not fall within those caveats and as such, the shipping fees are supposed to be refundable.

Further, it is my understanding, with UPS...packages are by default are 'covered' up to the value of $100 if they are 'lost' by UPS. Lost as being the package(s) disappear, not items 'perishing' enroute.

Now, if they're DOA because of UPS...so be it, but it neither I nor they should be on the hook for UPS's failure to meet their guarantee...and if indeed said package gets 'lost' and never delivered UPS is on the hook for up to $100, and the vendor is obligated to cover that loss.

...The exception notice was sent @ 0722, as 10:30am UPS still has not updated beyond "The delivery date will be provided as soon as possible."

p.s. Once this is all 'done', I'll post the full email chain/exchange.

OP
OP
Roadkillstewie

Roadkillstewie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...now on top of this, I received ANOTHER 'exception' from UPS, stating...

"
The status of your package has changed.
Exception Reason:
The service selected is not available to this destination address. This has delayed delivery.​
Exception Resolution:
The service has been changed​

Tracking no longer has it as 'NextDay Air", it's now "UPS WorldWide Saver"...

Estimated delivery
The delivery date will be provided as soon as possible.

01/24/2024
6:47 P.M.
On the Way
Mount Hope, ON, Canada

I've forward this, along with my rebuttal to SC... now we'll see what tomorrow brings.

OP
OP
Roadkillstewie

Roadkillstewie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short, after more hassles and Bs from UPS it did finally arrive @ approx 4pm cst. Woke to a delivery estimate for today, then an exception due to "significant weather events across the globe are impacting the UPS network. Although your location may not be impacted by adverse wather, the movement of packages in the network may be impacted by weather conditions in other areas"... then 30 minutes later, restoration of the delivery window for the day.

Water was clear but cool, some tan particulates in bag and on nem.. mouth somewhat expanded, shrunken tentacles. No obvious damage to mouth/foot. Packed in foiled back foam sheet & filter/cotton floss. Double bagged.

Vendor has done better staying in contact and stating we'd work something out if the nem was DOA or does not survive the transit.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back