shop at home network syndrome/25 cube build

bartledoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thursday, on my business trip to atlanta i stopped in a local store (SEA ATLANTA) and picked up a 25 gallon cube. all day at work today i was thinking about how i was going to set it up. i couldnt help but to stop in petco on the way home and i picked up a 10 gallon for a sump. i intentionally did not get online when i got off work in fear of buying anything. i sit in bed and surf the web and much to my demise, i start with ordering an overflow box and return kit from glass holes. i then proceed to order an mp10, a return pump, red sea pro bucket of salt and the marinedepot reefkeeper lite +sl1 and ph probe. $700 later, this will be a fun build. still not sure about the lighting situation, im wanting to go the led route and have a sps dominant tank

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you're well on your way! You should let us see your progress and start a building thread! :wink:

BarbH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep us updated on how things go and which direction you decide to go with the tank.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LOL! I know what you mean by the shop at home network syndrome! LOL!

Can't wait to see the build!

OP
OP
bartledoo

bartledoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am kinda stuck. i have no idea what light to get. the cube will have sps and i want to go with leds. i was thinking about the ledtric full spectrum kit. any thoughts or suggestions? i want to keep the light under $500 and leds for sure.

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thursday, on my business trip to atlanta i stopped in a local store (SEA ATLANTA) and picked up a 25 gallon cube. all day at work today i was thinking about how i was going to set it up. i couldnt help but to stop in petco on the way home and i picked up a 10 gallon for a sump. i intentionally did not get online when i got off work in fear of buying anything. i sit in bed and surf the web and much to my demise, i start with ordering an overflow box and return kit from glass holes. i then proceed to order an mp10, a return pump, red sea pro bucket of salt and the marinedepot reefkeeper lite +sl1 and ph probe. $700 later, this will be a fun build. still not sure about the lighting situation, im wanting to go the led route and have a sps dominant tank

I've been in that shop. They get some nice live stock from time to time.

OP
OP
bartledoo

bartledoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i found a light. Larry, i went to music city reef and saw they had a couple of evolution led fixtures hanging above two of their tanks next to two 250 halide 14k fixtures.i really liked the dimmable feature and how sleek and quiet they were. the fact that they are made and warrantied in the US was the seller for me. i had scott at mcr order me an evo 100. it should be ready for pick up at the store same time next week. ill post pictures of all the goods as soon as they come in.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%
Back