Shortest Thread Idea: Wyoming White Club

Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am certainly up for the challenge and I would love to do it but neither Sea & Reef or Sustainable Aquatics will sell any fish to me, as in their words, they "won't sell their clownfish to another hatchery", which I don't entirely blame them ;)
Maybe one of the clownfish "middlemen" would like to conduct the test.

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am certainly up for the challenge and I would love to do it but neither Sea & Reef or Sustainable Aquatics will sell any fish to me, as in their words, they "won't sell their clownfish to another hatchery", which I don't entirely blame them ;)
Maybe one of the clownfish "middlemen" would like to conduct the test.

cant say I blame them either. LOL

heck....send some samples and I might be willing to do it!! ;)

Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. I will try and apprehend some Wyoming Whites on the "black" market and see of I can conduct my own test if no one else is able to do it :)

kmaintl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. I will try and apprehend some Wyoming Whites on the "black" market and see of I can conduct my own test if no one else is able to do it :)
LoL You go, Brian!!! LoL

I have not personally order WWs from SA, but I have seen some in LFS in the Sacramento area from SA. I wouldn't want to comment. I have gotten several pairs from Sea & Reef.

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow...I can't believe how long this thread has gotten! It was kind of funny when it first got started and there were about two of us with any of them and it was one of the shortest threads ever. I will try to post some pics later. I have had an original pair directly from C-Quest and now have a pair from Sea & Reef and a pair from another breeder. I can post a pic of all three if you guys want a side by side comparison. The ones on page 1 of this thread were the ones directly from C-Quest (well to my LFS from C-Quest). I think I notice the biggest difference between them and my Sea & Reef pair. All three pairs have direct lineage though to C-Quest. I will also say that in the pairs I have seen from Sea & Reef and SA I definitely notice differences in coloring and traits. As an owner of some of the original pairs it is interesting to see how they have come back in the trade. At one point I was selfish and happy to own two of the few, but as I thought about that over the years, I am actually happy to see that that others can now appreciate them as they are awesome. For a not so great pic of my new ones from Sea & Reef you can check out my 45 gallon thread. I know somewhere along the way in this thread someone posted they wanted to see older WWs and on the first page mine were about 2.5 years old. They never lost any of their stunning qualities. I'll see what pics I can dig up later to add.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I notice the biggest difference between them and my Sea & Reef pair. All three pairs have direct lineage though to C-Quest. I will also say that in the pairs I have seen from Sea & Reef and SA I definitely notice differences in coloring and traits.
what are the difference you noticed, Chrissie? which ones do you prefer? and why?

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what are the difference you noticed, Chrissie? which ones do you prefer? and why?

It's tough to pin it down exactly especially since I am not an expert, especially on the quality breeder side of things. For me I feel like my second pair looks more like my originals from C-Quest, but that could also be an age thing. As I look at pictures now they are all very similar though and it really is hard to tell without them being all together. For Sea and Reef vs. Sustainable Aquatics, I feel like there slight differences in the body and sometimes the coloring/pattern. I feel like I lean towards liking the Sea and Reef better, but I think really it depends on the individual fish. May be more of a difference in the specific fish rather then where they came from. Even though WW are more of a solid colored clown, they still have patterns and differences like many other clowns. It could just be that variation between the two places and I seem to like the patterns coming from one over the pattern of the other.

Last edited:

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, so not the best pics, but I'll share anyway. The first two are fish I no longer have so I grabbed the best of what I had, which wasn't so great.

Wyoming Whites directly from C-Quest when I first received them (September 2009, 3-6 months)

IMG_5547_zps00c7e2bc.jpg

Wyoming Whites directly from C-Quest, one of the last shots I had of the pair (March 2012)

IMG_6145_zpsbded8cbd.jpg

One of my current Wyoming White Pairs (not from Sea and Reef or Sustainable Aquatics, but lineage to C-Quest-about 1 year old)

IMG_9625_zpsbd76cb88.jpg

Other side:

Side 1.jpg

Other current Wyoming White Pair (From Sea and Reef, approx 6 months old)

IMG_9602_zps4a8b6620.jpg

Last edited:

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's tough to pin it down exactly especially since I am not an expert, especially on the quality breeder side of things. For me I feel like my second pair looks more like my originals from C-Quest, but that could also be an age thing. As I look at pictures now they are all very similar though and it really is hard to tell without them being all together. For Sea and Reef vs. Sustainable Aquatics, I feel like there slight differences in the body and sometimes the coloring/pattern. I feel like I lean towards liking the Sea and Reef better, but I think really it depends on the individual fish. May be more of a difference in the specific fish rather then where they came from. Even though WW are more of a solid colored clown, they still have patterns and differences like many other clowns. It could just be that variation between the two places and I seem to like the patterns coming from one over the pattern of the other.
thanks Chrissie. as far as color, are they pretty the same? for the ones I have, I also have a preference when it comes to the body shape. my bigger one looks slender compared to my other two. he also has a flatter face compared to the other two. I guess I prefer the more rounded face and body, if that make sense. LoL

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks Chrissie. as far as color, are they pretty the same? for the ones I have, I also have a preference when it comes to the body shape. my bigger one looks slender compared to my other two. he also has a flatter face compared to the other two. I guess I prefer the more rounded face and body, if that make sense. LoL

I can't say between the Sustainable Aquatics and Sea and Reef as I've never had them side by side or anything in person. Between my three pairs seems the white is all the same. I do have them in T5s vs LED (and my originals were PCs), but I think the basic white, orange, black seems the same. The color difference is more in the patterns and I guess how dark the black/consistent the lines are. If that makes sense :) The fins seem to be big for me and I would agree with you...I like the fat, rounded body better...makes them looks less like the platinums IMO.

chrisdaphish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful clownfish everyone! I've been thinking about joining this club :p Couple questions, do people like the black ear muffs or the more clean look? Every other day i think i want earmuff ones, and then i dont then i do then i dont etc etc lol. Also anyone brave enough to put these guys with any haddoni carpets? I have 2 in my tank, so im a bit nervous...

kmaintl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful clownfish everyone! I've been thinking about joining this club :p Couple questions, do people like the black ear muffs or the more clean look? Every other day i think i want earmuff ones, and then i dont then i do then i dont etc etc lol. Also anyone brave enough to put these guys with any haddoni carpets? I have 2 in my tank, so im a bit nervous...

ear muffs ===>> personal preference

seamonkey84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like them with ear muffs, I call mine panda
Night time shot with just the light from the room
9CDA0B4E-75EA-40DB-BC64-474F707DCE63-3373-0000054AD2EAC7EF.jpg

The other one is jumpsuit, they each have their own beds
E3A1BF97-ABFF-4E52-AE88-311ADA17AD74-3373-0000054B36738086.jpg

Last edited:

Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Problem solved! Get one of each :)

OP
OP
akabryanhall

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics are a few months old an taken with iPhone but u get the gist. :) OG clowns from CQuest
3519CEF8-7C98-4F02-AF5C-F05899DD1AB3-1349-000000DC3E898FE2_zps48ee01fb.jpg

2E55B4D9-32F1-4557-BFCE-839D9BC775E7-1349-000000DC3A65949B_zps9a157b55.jpg

B9F34CB2-8E6A-4723-8796-9B1F07A25C18-1349-000000DC35EFBBB3_zps6ea42732.jpg

F9DE3E05-D8D0-4B79-97F0-4EF3D8C767B1-1349-000000DC31F3B616_zps9d603b93.jpg

EB257B9C-C26A-43D7-8C87-3902F39071B0-1349-000000DC2DF79DD3_zpsf5ca51ae.jpg

D279C205-E464-4468-ADAE-7F5A97554C8A-1349-000000DC2987C63D_zps4fd62efb.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back