Should I be concerned?

enlighten

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2023
Messages
587
Reaction score
362
Location
Clovis
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got these zoas in, a Great owl and Stratosphere frag. I temp acclimated, dipped, and placed in tank. Great owl opened up nicely but strat is showing clear skin. This has been a bad sign in my experience keeping zoas. Any tips or help?!
IMG_0397.jpeg
 
What I notice when this happens is the skin loses color and become susceptible to melting. I usually catch amphipods on them and I think they eat it until there is nothing left. Has this been anyone elses experience?
 
I also believe the root cause to be related to parameter swings and/or stress of dipping. I am hoping this one acclimates and comes back bc it was such a nice looking frag!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new