should i buy used LEDs?

  • Thread starter Thread starter pbauec
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

pbauec

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 31, 2015
Messages
57
Reaction score
25
Location
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found what i think is a good deal on some used LEDs. but i don't want to throw money and time away on garbage? i cannot find much for info on them other than from through manufacture and i never trust that.
they are*Vertex illumilunex Marino Bianco 50/50 (royalblue/white) if anyone knows anything
 
I've never heard of them before, but in looking at their literature, they don't appear to be overly powerful.....17W per foot. I know you're not supposed to gauge LED's on watts, but that seems awfully low. I have a five foot tank and I have 330 watts of LED's over it. Now if you have a FOWLR, that's fine, but if you want corals....17W/ft, not so good.

If you're budget conscious, THIS light from eBay can't be beat.
 
Ocean Revive Artic T247 kick butt. I have 2 over an 80 gal tank and love them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new