Should I covet Kessil shimmer?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dr. D
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dr. D

Inactive Account
View Badges
Joined
Dec 1, 2024
Messages
871
Reaction score
1,135
Location
Elsewhere
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a 48” 100g tank lighted by two AI 32 Hydras. They’re fine and provide more than enough PAR for my mixed reef. But I find myself wanting that shimmer effect, and I wonder if I’d be happier with the vaunted Kessil shimmer. Am I crazy?
 
My suggestion would be to find a LFS who carries Kessil's and see them in person. Only you can answer the question.

I've run 4 a360x's and they are quality lights and a great company. Having said that the shimmer is a personal preference.
 
IMG_7239.jpeg

I kinda want another can for the center now 🤪
That being said I think I’m going to go for a meridian on my 33 gallon frag tank build, hoping for less shading.
 
But I do find myself covering shimmer, perhaps even lusting, Father.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new