Should I get a Carpenter or Blue Flasher Wrasse?

Subnautica

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2019
Messages
588
Reaction score
486
Location
Phoenix, AZ
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are both at the same price ($44). I don't think I can get both because I'm a poor man and that increase of bioload. Tank is 75gal. I have 2 other 'girl' wrasses: Melanurus and Blue Star. If I get one then any chance the fish will flash?


Carpenter's:
lg-75683-CarpentersFlasherWrasse-Male.jpg


Blue:
lg_75833_Blue_Flasherd_Wrasse.jpg
 
I am by no means a wrasse expert but IMO you can't go wrong with either. I currently have a Blue Flasher who flashes all time time to my Anthias and my Ornate Wrasse.
 
I suspect a lone flasher probably won’t flash much at your other wrasses. But it might flash at his own reflection at the ends of the tank! But I am no expert, you might want to ask on the fish sub forum. I have a 90gal with 3 flashers, Melanurus, Leopard and a couple of other wrasses.
 
My line spot flasher wrasse is a lot bigger than my African Blackfin Mckosters based on that and your tank size I would go with the Carpenter's wrasse
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 14.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new